1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Damn I hate big banners at the top of the forum

Discussion in 'UHall' started by FrejaSP, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Please let us hide it. I choose to pay for stratics pro to get rid of banners.

2. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Isn't there an X in the top right corner to close?

3. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not on this one.

4. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

It's up for just a few days. Several of us are participating in the Extra Life charity event this weekend. The notice at the top causing all the others to become overly large links to our team page, and shows how much money has been raised. So please be patient with it as it is temporary, and in support for a good cause.

5. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah its really annoying to be honest, temporary or not it's looks like big spam-ware advertising. Cut to a third of the size it wouldn't be god awful and blinding.

6. James Moriarty

James Moriarty Journeyman
    M8s

agreed its far too large and over powering.

7. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I know it is a good cause but it's to big and have nothing to do with UO. If I had been able to turn it off, it had been ok. It's half of my screen, that's not ok, sorry

8. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

From what I've read your stratics pro account hides outside ads like Adwords. Not site wide cause marketing...la

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

Agreed, i bought into Stratics Pro so i wouldn't have to worry about the banners. At the very least give us the option to close it.

MedeaDF likes this.
  10. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

Its true it doesn't have much to do with UO, but some of us today will be streaming a little bit of UO =). Kirthag is currently streaming, I'm up next, come support us as we stream for the extra life event.

The banner will be gone tonight when the event is over.

P.S. the banner also has information of Stratics new public TS server. Everyone is welcome to join, and that is somewhat UO related =)

11. FrejaSP

I just think this one is way to big and I look forward to get rid of it. I do hope your guys will have a good event.

12. Stickypaws

Stickypaws Journeyman

Advert is bloody obnoxious. Takes some scrolling on a smaller mobile to get past it.

13. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

hugely annoying when you get on the site from your phone. add that to the huge number of sticky posts and it gets even more annoying.

14. Peekay

Peekay Slightly Crazed

This is why I don't waste my money on perks like "Don't like ads? PAY US AND YOULL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN ON OUR WEBSITE!" I just run NoScript and adblockerplus. They're free and work perfectly.

Stickypaws likes this.
  15. FrejaSP

I don't mind to play a little to support my favorite forum but that big banner was close to make me resign from it.

16. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Perhaps during the millisecond that you are being inconvenienced you can think about what it is about. Extra Life is an event for ALL gamers (that includes UO) to raise money for Children's Hospitals. I can't believe you are complaining about it. So far it has raised over 3 million!

17. FrejaSP

I'm Danish, we do have our event to help the one who need. I don't mind see it first time I login, but not on every reload of the page and if something annoy people, it may not be the best thing to make them pay.
    Sorry I'm done, I hope I next time can turn it off.

18. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

Okay.... I see what you all are saying about the banner across the top to show support for the Children's Miracle Network which benefits non-profit hospitals for children. This is NOT an ad, and thus NOT falling under the Stratics-Pro "no ads" clause. This is an event that ALL gamers (UO or not) are invited to particpate and/or donate as they can.

I'll change the banner to allow it to be hidden, but please - Stratics is not just about UO. We are gamers who play all sorts of game. Regardless of it having anything that is posted has to do with UO or not.... its related to GAMERS and how we, as a group, can affect social change.

So with that - we hope all of you will take a moment to click the links and see just what Extra Life is all about, how gamers can and do facilitate change, and feel it within your heart to donate a little bit of money toward this cause. Regardless of country, race or creed - ALL children deserve a chance for extra life.

Mahalo. :hula:

#18 Kirthag, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  19. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

... and I'll be locking this thread. tyvm ...

FrejaSP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.