1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dark Father Vulnerable to Air Elemental Slayer?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Obsidian, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I remember reading that the Dark Father was vulnerable to Air Elemental Slayer items (such as spells from Air El Slayer spellbooks), but can't find this in the forums. Can anyone confirm or debunk this? Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

2. GFY

GFY Guest

Slayer type for a DF is demon and any elemantal.

3. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Elemental is only a 50% slayer against the DF.
    Demon gets the full 100% damage.

4. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Hey Obsidian, you should Soulstone that GM Scribe off your template and replace it with GM Resist spells or higher.

Then go out and wither, wither, wither some rat spawn in Felucca.:D

You wearing a -0 Mage weapon I presume? I hope so.

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Yeah the inscription was just temporary. I usually run exactly with the template you are suggesting. I worked inscription on my Necro-mage to try to make some super slayers. I actually was successful in making a Demon Slayer Spellbook. So my DF problems are solved.

I don't have a -0 mage weapon unfortunately. At least not yet... so I've been using a -15 Staff of Power and using it judiciously. When the higher level spawn shows up I usually go into slayer spellbook or scrappers mode. I use the weapon for level 1 & 2 spawns at the champs.

And BTW, yes I can confirm the 1.5 damage ratio for the Air Elemental book for the DF. When I went to the Demon Slayer my damage went up from the 120 range using a FS on a DF to the 160-170 range per FS. Of course I'm also hitting the DF with corpse skill too.

Anyway... back to making books. I'm going to keep making them until a Repond slayer spellbook pops into my pack!

-OBSIDIAN-

6. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Awesome man.
    good job on the Demon slayer book, those are tough to get.
    Another option for a Mage weapon is the Janna's staff.
    It also has a DCI bonus which helps a lot. They are probably plentiful on your shard.

good luck