1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

DarkFall vs. UO ....My 1st Impression

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by KinG DaviD, May 2, 2009.

1. KinG DaviD

KinG DaviD Guest

yes i know its liking comparing apples and oranges. but i will offer my 1st impression.

I was hoping you could change your point of view..i guess like star wars galaxy and age of conan you can scroll the view back quite a ways. the only way to "not" be 1st person is by weilding a melee weapon. so you basically walk around town lookn like you wanna fight. and when your new...and click the "use item" button...if you forget to unweild your weapon...and u go to talk to someone you accidently attack them...and get killed.

Talking(Chat)- for 2 hrs of playing and trying to interact with people, i could not get 1 person to converse with me. and i saw a ton of people!! so with their chat box...i have no clue who can hear me or not...i would walk right up to somones face and type in hello....no response...then they run off...

For me---1st person games tend to make we a lil motion sick and queezy...if you too are one of those people you may want to think twice...i will try it a few more times to see if i can get used to it...but the game interface and ease of play on UO is unmatched.

The fighting I admit is pretty cool tho...you can jump around, duck, run to your apponents back side and swing...i have not tried the magery or archery yet tho...as i have 2 hrs of gametime in...

This post was just a 1st impression----not an expertise post--
    the game seems very complicated as im sure Uo does to brand new users---

needless to say---this game will not be taking me from UO by any stretch of the imagination--- i will fiddle with it for a while i guess-- But UO is still #1 in my book...and I like simple graphics too i guess :)

2. Bruin

Bruin Guest

+1 to circa 1997 graphics. Who needs anything better than 640x480 resolution?

3. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Whats your character name in UO?

4. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Bo thinks his characters name is House Hider

5. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Is he that Ghangus Kahn Guy? thats what I want to know?

6. burdensrise

burdensrise Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

No it is not, and good job trolling :p

DT

7. KinG DaviD

KinG DaviD Guest

who am i? good question! i have sold many of my accounts in the past few months. My main charachter for the past year or so would have to be ArTeMiS... i also had aphrodite for a little while... my current chars on Siege are King David, Vader, Back-N-Black, all accounts recently acquired. so i have changed names a lot lately...i plan to stick with these chars tho...well i may sell back-n-black... but vader and King David :)
    Hope that helps...
    My 1st chars name on baja back in 98 was King David
    I think my 1st chars name here was Ice Man

8. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

420 overcompensating for SHORT comings? Nah! Never! No way!

9. KinG DaviD

KinG DaviD Guest

can you guys have your argument on a different thread?

ohh yah i forgot... the 1st tim ei played uo= 10-12+ straight

1st time on DF...had to stop after 1.5 hours...but that from the motion sickness thing...

also....i kinda like moving the char with the mouse instead of the key pads...i get fat fingers as it is with the keys in UO...the keyboard use is much more critical in DF...

logs in to UO...as we speak...hehe

10. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

I don't get your post. Then again, I don't get you.

11. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Whats not to get? I do not care for the way you and your guild approach this
    game. Period. You are arguably the best pvper on the shard currently and could bring alot to the table for making this server better but generally choose not to.

12. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

What does that have to do with this thread again? Pent up aggravation, and seeing a member of 420 in the thread, set you off?

Good. To. Know.

13. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Frustrated about what? Can't I troll you guys while you troll other people?
    I've had more fun playing uo the last couple days than I have had in awhile but thanks for the concern. Run along now and go duel your guildmates or something.

14. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Seemed to me, that you were trolling Elmer Fudd for wondering if King David played a certain character in game. :thumbsup:

And of course you're having fun. . .You're not losing anything, it's called, go to a prodo shard already and stop the bs excuses and crying on why you don't have pvp suits or can't keep them. :loser::D

I do like how we're no longer Minax though, the main reason that kept you scrubs from PvP'ing with us supposedly, and now all of you used this server war as a scapegoat. Priceless imo.

15. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Well KD if you decide DF isnt for you, ill buy that account off you to give it a go. I love UO but wouldnt mind trying DF. Sad thing is, if you work full time, you wont get a chance to buy DF. Need to be around like your in Highschool to get on to the store lol

16. KinG DaviD

KinG DaviD Guest

yah i may do that.... unforsaken did i do something to bother you or u just normal that offensive? come natural for you? tryn to figure out if you have ADD...not one thing u post here has to do with this thread...because your good at pvp...that gives you the right to be a **** whenever you want? theres more to life than being well polished at gaming macros pal...do i even know you for you talk like you know me?? oh wait....you dont get me....its prolly cuz u dont know me...so go be a **** on a different thread...thank you.

as for getting a DF account i totally got lucky....i had all my info loaded in waiting ....and i work at a computer all day...yes unforsaken i work,,,might be why im no macro king,,, i would check most days and always sold out...and one day i checked...and wala...wasnt sold out...total luck...but i may be willing to sell it...

17. burdensrise

burdensrise Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

David I learned a long time ago when I see unforsaken posts to just scroll down and not even bother reading because they are useally a waste of time. No offense Forsaken, don't need to turn this into a flame (again of course).

DT

18. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What you don't get is the siege rule set pretty much allows it's players to make of the game what they will. I want to pvp-often. I want my enemies coming back- often. I do not want them in stat for 20 minutes. I see no need to take thier suits if they are not being jerks; the nice thing about siege is that I CAN do that if the situation warrants it. You, on the other hand,
    not only want to pvp but to you it's quite obvious you both want to humiliate and make bank off your opposition. Nothing the matter with either playstyle on this server but do not be surprised if most people find interacting with you to be NOT FUN.

As for prodo...I have played here since day one so why don't you go back there since you can not seem to compete without a prodo style super suit?
    You have a nice day now.

19. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Ah! Dont sell Back-N-Black that was my character ....shes a cool chick, and for FYI, I hadnt see you post in a while and someone had told me you were someone else, so I wanted to ask myself, for nothing better then the information, but I guess when I post anything its a troll....wow what a big deal huh?

Thanks for the info, I didnt want to make a mistake

20. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Oh come on man, you gotta be joking? this is the dumbest thing Ive read on these boards in a while, I would put Forsaken in GM gear with 2/4 casting and you could wear top notch gear and he could probably kill you, He and We were competing on this shard at a high level before faction gear came out....most had to role with pets for lack of skill, Look at your guild now...you have always been GM armor huggers even back in VmP days I still remember hearing all the lame ass excuse's, If you cant compete you cant compete, but dont blame any of us or being able to...

21. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I decided to wait for American servers
    to start playing DarkFall.
    I used to play the Halo games
    and alot of first person shooter style
    games on 360 so DF's first person
    set up won't be much of a problem for me but
    what does worry me is all the keyboard
    interaction you need to play. I am on the forums
    and read all the horror stories everyday , most
    are from the Care Bears ,"LOL" other stories
    made me decide to wait to play and sell my account.
    As soon as the US servers open up I think alot of the
    bugs will have been delt with, hopefully. By then I
    should have enough real life time to manage 2 games too ;) lol

22. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

My fav game of all time was Thief.

1, 2, and 3.

The downfall of the genious that created that monument was awful. A game created for gamers, instead of for profit. What a concept!!!

Yet, in bouncing around since then, the only game that has kept my attention has been UO. So muc offered. You can play for years, and still come across something you haven't seen yet.

For all of it's shortcomings, UP is still the champ in my opinion. Which doesn't count for much- this I realize. Yet it dictates where my dollars go

23. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You said it all in a nut shell. This is me too.
    For over 2 years now nothing I have come across
    could offer what I can do in UO Siege Perilous.:thumbsup:

24. Soul'Ess

Soul'Ess Guest

After 10 yrs of this game... it seems to always hold my attention over all other games... it really shouldn't... but it does.

25. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

After 10 plus years I can say (for better or worse) I have only played UO!

26. KinG DaviD

KinG DaviD Guest

MY 2ND IMPRESSION---

after playing UO for a couple hours...i decided to try DF again...
    This tim i admit i got a little furthe rinto the game...i ventured out to a different town. i killed few orc scouts and a couple other things...i do enjoy the fighting..i can say that...i didnt get quite as much motion sicknes this time around. The traveling to and fro..did take a ton of time though...i finally managed to get a decent stash in my backpack...and after i killed my last orc scout i was getting low on health...then wham...i was player killed. I did manage to even talk to a few people as well. I guess most people spend the majority of time on chat on their guild chat.

Their monsters all seemed to fight differently tho...some when they got low on health would run away from you...and you would hafta chase em down...
    the one tuff part is when fighting you cant see behind you...which makes PKing someone engaged with a monster pretty easy. That is not fun...cuz you dont see it coming and then your dead. and totally dry looted...so the stuff you had gained from the past hour,... is now gone...

No matter what...i dont think DF will be enough to bring down UO...I may try it for a while...but have already decided im not leaving UO for this game for sure...

27. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

From what I understand, it will be very difficult to play Darkfall solo. If some one is not watching your back...

The jury is still out for me.

28. KinG DaviD

KinG DaviD Guest

unless you are a straight crafter, even then you may get pk'd lot while gather resources...