1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Data recovery and what it means to us

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trish, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Trish

Trish Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Please read this announcement from Brekkee. Beyond the 2 days of downtime while they merge, it is with sadness that I announce our forums were not recoverable. All the old stuff is gone. Forever :(

The TT Stratics staff has agreed that the bringing back of old forums (Extra Laff, Toon and Cog HQ, etc) isn't necessary. So beyond the remaking of the stickies, no further changes will be made to our section of Stratics unless it becomes necessary in the future.

This also means we won't have communication over the weekend on the forums. I'll most likely be making more use of YIM with the "sub leaders" like Kippy and Wolfman.

2. Aww thats too bad.

3. Little Sadie

Little Sadie Guest

Do you mean Yahoo im? I don't think I have anyone on mine from this board except Chanty. Or are you referring to something else?

4. Trish

Trish Certifiable

Yeah I usually have about half a dozen in windows open and active during the runs and the planning of them.

5. Fangs McWolf

Fangs McWolf Guest

I hope that the company that was supposed to do the backups is proud of themselves..
    :stretcher:

I prefer to think of myself as a translator, correspondent, message relayer, etc. :)

What about using the chatroom? I would think IRC, especially with there being a java client, would make it a good backup method of communications. At least for those who either don't have YIM, can't use it, don't want to use it or don't know how (for whatever reason). Just a thought.

6. Trish

Trish Certifiable

Yeah the IRC servers won't be affected, they haven't been affected with any of this. chat.stratics.com if any of you want to give it a gander.

7. Elga

Elga Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

See everyone on the "other side". *Fastens seat belt* :flame:

8. Elga

Elga Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

"Ladies and Gentlemen we have landed safely. Please use caution when opening overhead bins as items may have shifted during flight."

:mf_prop:

9. Trish

Trish Certifiable

Not only did we lose all our forums, but many usernames were lost too. Follow the directions in Brekkee's post if you want to merge with your old username.

10. Elga

Elga Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah lost all of my 5 year's of PMs :cursing: