1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Davie Jones Locker

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Theo_GL, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Here we go again...

Nice idea but:

1 - Cannot be used in bankbox so you MUST own a house. Annoying when you play 3-4 shards.
    2 - Has no sort/filter. At a minimum you should be able to sort by location and filter by facet and by map level.

Reminds me of bod books. We are still waiting for an alpha sort for those about 10 years later.

This is really simple stuff devs. Simple.

#1 Theo_GL, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    Joanna Weaver, Madrid and Lord Frodo like this.
  2. popps

popps Always Present

Well, personally I am glad that at least we have it but I do hope that it can be further fine tuned as time goes by....

The home limit I do not see as a big deal because I do not see much reasons, at least personally, to bring along a bunch of treasure Maps or MiBs to get them done on some other shard where I do not have a home.
    On the shard where I have a home, when I feel doing Maps or MiBs I just grab a few and get them done.

The filters, though, I agree that there should be the possibility to have several like locations, facet, Map level and so forth. This way, it would come easier to grab a few Maps/Mibs for the same location and get them done.

3. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I haven't gotten one yet to test anything but:

1- Does this reduce the # of locks the maps/mibs take?
    2- When you fill the locker and then redeed it, do the maps/mibs fall to the floor or do they remain on the deed like the harpsichord does?

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

1) Yes, it only takes 1 lock down, even with 500 maps/SoS bottles in it.

2) When redeeding the locker the maps remain in the deed.

5. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

Ty sir :)

Gotta snag one then. Very nice vet reward indeed.

6. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

This is what I agree, that such rewards like the shed or the locker require an own house, is not so nice, if you play on other shards as well where you will be much more in need of storage.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

7. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

has anyone tried to place it on a brit boat, hehe

8. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You can only place single tile items on the boat

9. The Mule

The Mule Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

A big map on a boat? Are you mad Poo?

10. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hey I was excited to have a shed and table on the Brit ship at first too :). But I'll settle with a forge and a soul forge, or maybe a parrot. I'd love a trash barrel, think of that, I way to dispose of all the junk from mib's and random footwear from fishing.

11. popps

popps Always Present

Is a Soul Forge on the Brit Boat really that helpfull ?

To have better resources ain't it better to use the bonus at the Queen's Soulforge ?

12. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It looks cool - that's the main reason :)

13. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

I think the main use for the soulforge on a boat is unravelling the content of MIB chests - though of course I could be mistaken.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  14. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You are not mistaken.

15. popps

popps Always Present

From Imbuing - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia
    Why unravel at a regular forge when the Queen's Soulforge helps getting better magical ingredients ?

16. Petra Fyde

Because the contents of a mib won't give anything higher than essence, you don't need the queen's forge.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  17. popps

popps Always Present

Ok, but what about the bonus that might get one to receive at the Queen's Soulforge more Enchanted Essence over basic Magical Residue ?

What I am trying to say is, that perhaps at the Queen's Soulforge one might end up with a higher rate of Enchanted Essence over Magical Residue as compared to unravelling at a generic soulforge like the one tile one is.....

18. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

With the Davies locker, I can pull out all the mib's for one zone, fish them up and unravel on the spot. The bonus at the queens is not enough to entice me into multiple trips loaded with items. Besides, you look like a rock star!!!!!

Btw, this is all in my head, I do not have the Brit boat, nor the single tile soul forge yet. i do have a friend who has both if that counts however.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  19. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Because it is less junk you have to carry from your ship and you wont get that many more resources but will waist a lot of time which is very important to you popps.

20. BluDjinn

BluDjinn Journeyman

We seem to have wondered away from the original topic.

But I also am disappointed in the functionality of the Davie Jones locker, and also think it has too large a footprint.

So is there anyone on Siege that wants to trade a working, deedable, single tile Soul forge for one?

21. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

I've claimed two, one for MIBS and one for MAPS. I would have put them all in the same one if there was a sort function.
    It would be absolutely fantastic to be able to sort by location, even if just general location so we could grab all the ones in one area without clicking through pages.
    I have hope that some adjustments can be made.

Joanna Weaver likes this.
  22. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Thanks for getting this back on point.

I just don't understand how these things make it to production with such missing simple features. I literally claimed one - used it for 1 minute and realized there are about 4 missing key features that make this a moderately usefull tool to a VERY useful tool.

It floors me that a team building these on a daily basis can miss these key features.
    If they don't have the knowledge the HOW do we get some input here before this stuff goes live so that we can get these features added?

The problem is that they have now put this behind them and we will likely never get any updates to it. 10 years later and bod books still don't have an alphabetic sort. I mean there is NO reason why alphabetic sort is not standards on the bod book let alone an option.

23. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Add in a premark full runebook of the general Tmap areas as some hunt or quest drop. Just for those that can't find empty runes and runebooks in the game. Be easier then some new coding and work the same as some sorting added to the reward. Downside might have to cast recall a few more times.

Have to agree with the cool factor on the forge. Who wants to take the rune out of their book and lock it down on the deck? Now add the rune feature to the one space forge, and target forge recall to the queen's crib. Give the mark rune property to few other deed items like farge that can recall off to your city of loyalty smithy. Or the hitching post can be marked to recall to choices stables that your favorite pet is kept.

Yes I know extra items in backpack is a clutter. Had to giggle while looking over the clean legend arty thread at the pics with backpack in them. LOL, 2d loser. LONG LIVE THE GRID.

#23 Warpig Inc, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  24. Fieryo

Fieryo Visitor

Has anyone else had this experience?

I placed my sos's into the locker. They were from all over, some sw, nw, se and ne. I've re-arranged the room a couple times to better accommodate the size of the locker. Now ALL of my sos's have NW coordinates! I'm not sure if this happened when I originally put them into the locker or when I re-deeded and replaced the locker while redecorating, but something's fishy in Davie's Locker!

25. Petra Fyde

This is known
    I got a HUH? for the Davies Chest | Stratics: A Career Path in Gaming