1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Davie's Locker is Gone

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tomarke, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

Well, I just screwed up. I'm moving into a new house and placed my Davie's Locker in it. I then placed a brown bear rug next to it but it ended up part underneath the Davie's Locker and broke it. Tried to redeed it and it is gone, along with over 400 maps i was saving for the new loot system.

I think it's time to log off for the night, don't really feel like playing anymore.

2. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Did you check in Enhanced client, if it eventually hides in your backpack?
    Short time ago there was a thread about a veteran reward tiger, which was no longer visible on an (eventually unpatched) classic client in backpack.
    If you are lucky, you still could see the same effect.

3. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

It might have gone into your house moving crate, to check double click your houses sign, go to the customize tab and then relocate moving crate. Items often fall in there when something glitches in a house.

4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I don't remember the details - but it might also be in your backpack but look like a barrel. Some of the Container items now do that to allow easy moving.

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

All these things. Last I redeeded mine it turned into a deed. Just saying..... though I know there are problems when you put 2 deeds on one another.

6. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

Thank you for the replies but all of these suggestions are a no-go, it is gone. Reply from GMs were exactly what I thought it would be - We're not going to help you even though you have never asked us for anything in the history of your account.

Sorry for the sarcasm, I know it's not their fault. Still just fairly pissed after a night a sleep. Can't bring myself to log in again, maybe tomorrow. I don't know.

7. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

That bites.. im sorry. I hate unexpected loss in UO.

DJAd likes this.
  8. James Moriarty

James Moriarty Journeyman
    M8s

Don't get hung up on the loss of an item. An item can always be replaced, the fun you had along the way gaining the item is irreplaceable.

DJAd likes this.
  9. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Tomarke, which shard did this happen on? I'd be happy to give you some t-maps if it's a shard where I have some stashed! Also, if you don't already know it, the Hag's Quest and fishing are good ways to build up your map supply, albeit the maps are rather low level. But if you get ancient SoS, the chests they yield often (always?) seem to have devious maps in them.

10. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

did you raise or lower something (the bear rug) it is the ONLY way I have seen things Broken, If that happened and you axed part of an item yes it is TOAST and sorry, if not it wasn't broken and it is in a form you don't recognize, barrel or somewhere else but since oyu had a GM arrive most likely it is toast again sorry. FYI if something is lower and broken the you need to axe the item that was under / over it then lower the deed item all the way down to the same level. remove all items around it and lower until all piece say cannot lower further then you can axe (save the item) :-(

11. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

everyone in their UO history messes up and looses something.
    dosnt make it any less devastating to how you feel now, but if it helps i lost all my soulstones one day (with skills on them) when i was redecorating and forgot to lock down the box they where in.
    that hit both the pocket book and the time as i had to rework all those skills again.
    and whats worse then that?
    i did the exact same thing again a year later after i had purchased more stone and reworked all the skills.
    im a tad more careful when moving soulstones now, twice bitten as they say.

but i was in the same boat as you.
    couldnt bring myself to log in or think of the game, made me sick to do so.
    good news is, it will pass.
    you'll get that hankering to go do something you like to do and you'll get into it and forget the loss and move on.
    i find alcohol helps with the transition.... in game of course.

12. Olive Oyle

Olive Oyle Journeyman

Hello Tomarke (And other interested people),

In future, if you are ever decorating and you accidentally 'split' a item, DO NOT REDEEM until you have brought all parts of the item back to the same level.

Being an avid decorator, I often 'split' items for affect - the most well know effect of this would be the stacked Globes of Sosaria (every house I do always has one):

[​IMG]

Not withstanding the fact that all the globes have been separated into pieces for affect, if I ever move I can redeem all the globes - you just need to lower ALL parts back down to the same level - This can be tricky as quite often there is a extremely small piece (sometimes no bigger than a dot) which gets missed - Miss ANY piece and the redeem will fail.

Thank you

Olive Oyle

blend, CovenantX and Veldrane like this.
  13. Veldrane

Veldrane Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If you're on Sonoma, look me up. I have some higher level maps that I can't do solo that I'd be more than willing to give you - I'd just like to come along for the ride on a couple as I enjoy the experience of doing them.

14. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

Sir!
    i will have you know that Stratics is not some cheap hook up website that people can come too an..... oh wait a sec.....

ok i guess im wrong.
    we are a hook up site.
    im on Sonoma too and ill come as well.
    i like to watch.
    :eek:

azmodanb, kelmo, Amber Witch and 3 others like this.
  15. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Holy cow! That is awesome!

I know... I need to get out more.

16. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

:dominatrix::juggle:

kelmo likes this.
  17. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

I feel for ya boss. Don't let it get u down to much.

Most ALL of us have done stuff like this or WILL do stuff like this eventually.

Goza mat 4th floor, piece of the garden shed fell under black mats (the far back corner). Couldn't see it to raise & thought it was all there - redeeded it..... *POOF* :eek2:
    Didn't even bother with a GM.

#17 Acid Rain, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  18. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

Well, I'm back. I finished moving into my new house and have acquired a new Davies' Locker. Thanks for the info on breaking items, I will keep that in mind should something like this happen again. Losing 400+ treasure maps right before the loot revamp was a kick in the gut but I'll recover, I still have a couple hundred fishing nets I need to use to get some MIBs. I think that will hold me for the time being.

Again, thx for all of the info and sharing your stories.