1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Gardening Fixed? BAH!

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Adol, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hey all, quick post; but has anyone noticed that within the last week or so, there's been a small fix to gardening? It used to be that day 2 of normal growth wasn't counted, so you'd not have to do any maintenance the day after planting a new round of seeds... but my latest batch seems to be working as intended now. Which is unfortunate! As I'd never bother watering etc on the 7th of 8 seed harvest, so I got a nice 4 day break from clicky-clicking and potion-burnery!

BAH I say!

2. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

That hasn't been my experience (have never had a 4 day break). I tend them daily. Any time I failed to do so, some of the plants started showing signs of stress (wilting). The best results always come from regular tending.

3. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That's strange... for over a year I've only started to see the stress check on day 3; it would go

Day 1 - Plant Seeds
    Day 2 - Seeds show at Day 1 still (no infestation, icon top right says "1")
    Day 3 - Seeds catch up to Day 3, infestation etc checks now visible, none would show stress from missing Day 2 (Ie, none would be red +, icon top right is now "3").

There's definitely a few plants that are hardier than others (mostly the Cactii) and seem to require less watering, but letting them miss the last day also doesn't make much difference, if you've been caring for them properly; they'd go to red for the final seed/leaf etc, but as I was emptying their pots that day, it didn't really matter. You can still do that of course, but alas escaping day 2 didn't seem to work for me this time around!

4. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

I suppose you can do it that way. But I tend to be a little OCD about tending my plants just so I won't have to worry about them. :)