1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

DCI 35 boomerang imbuing weight is off by 100.

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Saint of Killers, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Saint of Killers

Stratics Veteran

I finally got around to reforging myself a 35 dci boomerang mage weapon today. After 15 hammers I finally got a clean weapon (2 mods counting dci 35 & di 40).

I powdered, then brought the di to 2.
    I added fc1.
    I went to add mage weapon -20 and noticed the weight would now be 498 if I imbued it.
    I checked to see if it made any difference putting spell channeling on first. No go.
    There is no hidden mod (durability/lower requirements). The di, dci, and fc1 count as 3 of 5 mods.

I would guess that the fc1 weight counted as 240 pts instead of 140, but that's just a guess. It may be that when I changed the di to 2, it counted the weight as 102. I don't know, and I'm not wasting the rest of my morning to test it out.

I just wanted to give a heads up before anyone else wastes their time and resources.

2. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Isnt normally dci capped at 15? Which would mean that dci of 35 would count as 233 intensity? (Add to that weighted intensity of fc 1 , intensity of di 2 and mage weapon -20 and your in about at max imbuing weight.)

3. Saint of Killers

Stratics Veteran

Throwing weapons and archery weapons are 25 dci for a weight of 110.
    For 35 dci the weight is 156 on ranged weapons.

4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

What type of hammers were you using?

5. Deception

Deception Sage

Seems weird to me as well. Maybe when reforging DCI on ranged weapons, it actually calculates the intensity as a melee wep? Using that idea though, the -20 mage wep would put you at 500, not 498.

6. Saint of Killers

Stratics Veteran

DCI 35 = 156 (ranged weps)
    FC1 = 140
    SC -1 = 100
    Mage Weapon -20 = 100

I had already stated that I first lowered the DI on the weapon to 1 which = 2 pts. Hence the 498 when everything would have been put on. Then I would have raised the DI to 2, and the weapon would have been 500 intensity points.

There's an extra 100 points on the weapon due to an unintended bug obviously.

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I wonder if it could be counting the dci as 15 for the cap and not 25?

8. Deception

Deception Sage

Yeah thats what i was saying. It comes out to 498 with those mods if you use 15. I said 500 earlier but was counting 2di, not 1.

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I would submit a bug report if you have not already! and maybe we can get someone to look at this!

10. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

Funny think is, that I didnt found any infos about that. I know that ranged weapons have a higher cap for hci but didnt know, that it also applys for dci. (Not to mention that i also did not find any info about that increased cap but maybe i am only having a bad day today. *g* )

11. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

We had a thread going about this on UHall I think it was. It was introduced with Shame loot and hasn't been resolved yet. Yes it takes it as 15 for ranged if the extra reforging bonus is applied same as shame loot. Continue to submit it as a bug until its resolved..

-Lorax

12. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Did someone submit a formal bug report on this using the UO Herald site?

13. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

This is a big problem, a lot of people talk about bugs and problems here and then complain they never get fixed, but the bugs where never turned in because they think oh why bother someone else I am sure did it !

14. Obsidian

Ok, I submitted this using the bug report form on the UO Herald.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  15. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran