1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

dead pet went poof

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by frostbolt, Mar 10, 2010.

1. frostbolt

frostbolt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

my swamp dragon died and disappeared while i was fighting baracoon and when i logged out to get it back it wasnt there

how long does a pet have before it disappears when its out of los while dead?

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

A couple of hours at least before it goes wild.

I can't tell from your post if your swampy was boned. But if it's not bonded yet and it died, it's gone.

3. frostbolt

Stratics Veteran

yes it was bonded but i was at barracoon for like an hour and my pet wandered off while dead.

4. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Pets can wander off when they're ghosts. The thing to do is look really carefully around the area that your pet died in. Some pets can really wander a long way off, so you need to search a large area to be sure. Pet summoning balls can help, as can logging out and in, but I'd always suggest you check the area before you give up on a lost pet.

Wenchy

5. Andre

Andre Guest

If you were dead when you logged out your pet will be in the stables.

6. frostbolt

Stratics Veteran

maybe i wasnt very clear but ill list out what happened

1) i died to barracoon
    2) my pet was killed by baracoon
    3) pet ghost wandered off
    4) i waited to get a rez
    5) about 40-50 min later barracoon dies
    6) i collect loot and port back to luna
    7) i log out and log in to get my pet ghost
    8) no pet appears
    9) i notice 0/5 on my status bar under pets

and yes pet was bonded.

7. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'd ignore the 0 pets on your status bar, that indicator is unreliable to say the least :( Relogging is also less than perfect at times. Even if you use a pet ball and nothing comes back I would still suggest you go back to your last location and look for your pet if you're keen to have it back. I had a dragon go runabout when we died at the champ in Tokuno - 0 follower slots and relogging/pet balling didn't help. He was later found by Petra a long way from the spot he died at, having seemingly walked as far as he could before he hit a mountain. It seems they head off in a particular direction and just keep walking till something blocks them. Might be just a screen away or it could be like my dragon and really take a hike.

Wenchy

8. frostbolt

Stratics Veteran

well its been like 1 and a half days now i think its too late to go look..

9. A Rev

A Rev Guest

Not always

I had it happen to me and returned weeks later to see my pet still standing there as a ghost.

For information when the wander of they tend to run straight down the map.

10. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Did you check the stables? You probably have a dead swampy in there.

11. [JD]

[JD] Guest

to prevent this from happening, between 3 & 4 should have logged out and back in. that would make your pet go to the stable.

luckily swampy is easy to replace. if you are on sonoma i can get you another ez, just pm me.

1) i died to barracoon
    2) my pet was killed by baracoon
    3) pet ghost wandered off

3a. Relog here to stable pet while you are dead. You should get 'Your pet can not join you while you are dead' message.

4) i waited to get a rez
    5) about 40-50 min later barracoon dies
    6) i collect loot and port back to luna
    7) i log out and log in to get my pet ghost
    8) no pet appears
    9) i notice 0/5 on my status bar under pets

12. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

at least you didnt loose your paroxymus swampy like me

13. Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Buns Of Glory [ATL] Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Was it a prox dragon? This happened to me when I was soloing a peerless, I died and logged out so my pet WOULDN'T get killed logged back in got rezzed logged back out to get my proxy and he didn't come back. Said 0/5 slots stables were empty he litterally dissapeared considering I was on Dreadhorn Island, fighting dread horn. The sad thing is pets do dissapear randomly and if you don't find him I am sorry for your loss. However here is an upside. I had a 4.8 calc'd cu back when superdragons didn't exsist I mean this was a top notch pup, and when the moonglow invasion started I used him I died logged out for him logged back in HE WAS GONE!!! 0/5 pets, no stables... get this a week later.. I find him wandering in the back of moonglow stables still tamed as a ghost... I told him to follow me and he did and then it went back to 4/5. So the moral of this don't give up entirely this game has ALOT of bugs. So I hope you find him friend!

14. Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Stratics Veteran

I know your pain my friend, bought a brand new proxy for 12 mill week later he was gone :[

15. jeza

jeza Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

A 4.8 Cu is still a top notch Cu ! There are a lot of situations when a Cu is way better choice than a GD ;)

I never saw a 4.8 Cu... or any 4.8 pet anyway, you were lucky to get him back.

16. Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Stratics Veteran

Not that this matters Jeza, that blaze cu that you wanted to knows stats is a 4.1 on pet calc :] Selling him if your interested! :D

17. jeza

jeza Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Wow you're really lucky at getting good Cu's :thumbup:

I'm looking for a blaze, but what I want is to tame one myself . And anyway I doubt I would have enough money to buy one.
    I just hope that when I find one it'll be as good as yours .... one can always dream, no ? ;)