1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dead

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Siteswap, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Siteswap

Siteswap Visitor

Can someone tell me when the tamer forum died?

I used to hang out here a lot and it was jumping. I made a post here 2 days ago and if you disregard that, there hasnt been a single new post or even a reply to an existing post FOR 4 DAYS!!!

This place used to be alive with dozens and dozens of posts every day and now it seems as dead as a dodo. How else do you explain zero posts in 4 days other than my own...?

2. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

A few quiet days on a holiday weekend doesn't make the forum dead ;)

I know we're quieter than we used to be, but the whole UO community isn't the size it once was either. I wouldn't worry, there's no need to pull the board round to the vets for a rez just yet!

Wenchy

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

We're all finally in agreement. Nothing more to discuss. :p

4. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you! A good laugh first thing in the morn is a good thing.

5. Siteswap

Siteswap Visitor

Hmm. Im not convinced. Theres still posts on the front page that havent been posted on for almost 2 weeks ...

I must say im actually shocked at how quiet it all is. This used to be one of my favourite forums.

6. Taylor

So...what's the point? You could always start some tamer-related threads to generate activity.

7. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well I'm sorry but I'm not ready to start a funeral service yet ;)

Forums hit quiet periods, but anyone can reverse that by posting. It's not a one way street, so don't write the tamers forum off yet.

Wenchy

8. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Before the latest patch, the fishing-forum was really quite as well. (ok, it is also the forum for t-hunting.)
    So my advice is: just wait for a major update for taming and this forums will become very busy again. (Though not shure on who might want such a major patch .... maybe some kind of pet-breeding and -crossing with another expansion booster in the future.)

9. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master

I'd rather read and participate in a few quality threads than have to wade through masses of gibberish. All is well here, from my perspective! :)

10. [JD]

[JD] Guest

All of the forums actually appear very slow right now, though this is one of the deadest forums out of all those that I watch. To be honest, I haven't really been captivated lately with anything tamer related. Tamers have been very disappointing to me on every level since I activated my acct so I'm taking a break and doing something else. Even the bane dragon, which captivated me for about 2 weeks, finally wore thin.

11. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It's the end of summer, everyone's doing their last trips to the cottage, doing the going-back-to-school shopping, moving into apartments, etc. Not only that but almost everything has been said and done before, so unless someone finds some new whizbang tactic, or a new pet deep in a jungle somewhere, there isn't a whole lot to talk about.

Mysticism has taken a lot of the starch out of taming in pvp. Archer/tamers with dread warhorses are the flavour of the month, at least on my shard. Things are a little ho hum right now. However, I'm working on an experiment that may liven things up a bit. I'll post when I have something concrete to share... :)

12. Den2

Den2 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I think the people who respond to posts are giving better information. Therefore, a little digging before posting and someone will find what they're looking for. Not a whole lot of new things lately except the bane dragons--pretty sure that's been beaten to death and then some. When something new comes out or a nerf, we'll see a pick up of course.

13. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I could always start a thread about "Nerfing Tamers!!!" Think that might liven things up? *evil grin* jk

14. Taylor

lol. Yes, that would stir up discussion real fast.

15. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector

Nerf the tamers buff the pets!!! :)

16. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

buff the nerfs! pet the tamers!

17. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

LMAO!

We haven't had one of those threads in aaaaaaaaaaages!

Used to be almost a regular thing of roast the Uhaller when he came in professing taming was "all kill, no skill"

Oh those were the days when it wasn't just critter fur that was flying!

Wenchy

18. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

*hackles start to rise*