1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Deamon Berserkers & new Teleport = Instant Death

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DarkScripture, Jun 6, 2008.

1. I enjoy a challange and understand why the creatures were made to teleport to the ppl. BUT could we get it fix to teleport When HIT ONLY I have been slain 30 times over in Nujelm on Origin and no damn healer from the deamon teleporting from within the building as I run by. I don't see the need to have them teleport instantly when they can one hit slay almost all players.

2. Ash

Ash Guest

Hmm.. okay making mental note to stay out of Nujelm till that is addressed..

3. Azureal

Azureal Guest

I can see why spell casting creatures now insta teleport, I dont agree with it. Fighting from boats is a great tactic, and monsters used to randomly teleport when they were smart enough, now its the first thing they do. Its cheap and EA-ish.

But the teleporting out of a building as soon as they "sense" you is downright ridiculous, and I feel your pain.

As for the healers not working, god knows why this has not been fixed.

4. Deamon Berserkers ???
    Daemons ... perhaps ... haven't seen it my shard yet ...(last hour In Nujel'm)
    but ... I aint on Origin.

As for healers on/at Nujel'm ... don't believe many were there BEFORE the invasion ...
    kinda sorta cause ... theres no gate TO Nujel'm ... no rez (healer) shacks either ... *not too likely to boat there dead ... either*

As for Basara's thread re: gate OUT unusable by ghosts ...
    ANYONE try reseting their "z"? (close/open papaerdoll for a reset)

*goes to see IF an Origin spotter/looker has a boat*

5. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Typical EA, put it in, worry if it's working correctly later unfortunately. How many times has this happened to all of us on a event. There is always something that doesn't work, or works Too Well... monster AI is nice, but it has gone a little too far. If they (monsters) can teleport OUT of a building onto us, why in heck can't we as players have the same option (teleporting) In or Out also?? Whats this one way crap lately, just like rapid :gun:casting monsters! All one way isn't good, it's :bs: & not good for the game or event.

6. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

When the invasion was first expanded from Cove to other cities, Nujel'm had daemon berserker for 1-2 days. They were spawned by vanguards which means they have about 3-4 times as much hp and a pain to kill.

I guess the early release of berserker awhile back was a mistake and that's why the vanguards in Nujel'm stopped spawning them until this new stage of invasion from publish 53.

7. Yep! those be Daemon Berserkers .... and smarter too!
    don't think theres gonna be much "hanging 'em" on fences to plink at ...
    heheheheh

Nope ... no gate OFF Origin Nuj (tram) ...

couldn't ghost back onto ship, even with plank down and locked ...
    been awhile since I had to use that method ... could be me ...

apologies to the guy that WAS on my ship ...
    after buying some chiv, so's I could get back to ship (241.2 skills ... just a looker, no runes)
    popped in
    s/he said howdy ...
    I say's
    Going?
    I AM
    raise anchor, left, turn left, forward .......
    (forgot to hide for the ride, came back to ghosty ... serpent likely)

but YEP ! those be Daemon Berserkers !!

heheheheh
    wonder if every one turned every one of those Berserkers Scythes in ...
    (I didn't)
    hehehehehe

Crank it Up !!!
    (whuatza matter ... ??? ... too MUCH challenge? not enough reward ? not enough proper prior notice ? )

8. Beerman72

Beerman72 Visitor

Its ironic to me how the system works.

People complain about monster being ********, monsters end up smarter and can teleport. People then complain about the change to the monster.

Draconi, these people just dont seem to get it. Them complaining for change to you is like asking a D&D DM to fullfill a wish. In the end the wish is granted but always with a twist to what is expected. Get used to it people, Draconi is oldschool!

9. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Have no problem with it being able to teleport across a ledge, onto boat, or fence. But if the original poster is accurate on saying that things are teleporting from inside of a building to the outside.... I think that's kinda broken.

10. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Its ironic to me how much info is taken out of context, and then commented on. Our main gripe isnt with teleporting "smart" monsters, everyone accepst magic using mobs can and will teleport. As the poster above me mentioned, its the ones that teleport THROUGH walls that annoys us.

11. Charmed

Charmed Guest

Errmm... Developers? Don't the Deamon get the message "You can't see that spot" when they cast teleport on the spot behind the wall? I get that all the time!! :wall:

12. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

Maybe this has to do with the fix for mobs getting stuck underground?

13. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Why would they get that when thier spell casting range can be 2+ screens away?

Pets casting outside of LOS has ALWAYS been an issue (especially in pvp).

I never understood it.

14. Beerman72

Beerman72 Visitor

Gee I dont add one word and all of a sudden its taken out of context. I suppose if I forget to add a comma I would be chastized for commenting in the wrong thread!

Really though, nothing changed with what I said. Its true, its to the point, and its on topic. Dont like it? THATS TOUGH!

Again, I reiterate...Draconi is not one to give what people ask for. Second, Deamons are not of this plain of existence...so do you really think a wall should stop them when the demensional void does not?

LOL@ the person's saying well I cant do it, why should they? Perhaps you can make that your next complaint and to fix it Draconi will have them follow you home next? You know...like the Grim Reapers?

The less you complain about what Draconi does the better off we all are. I am really surprised none of you have figured that out yet. DUH!!!

15. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It could have been all of that...

Or simply the door was open, or a window?

16. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Wow, your logic is completely unbeatable.

The whole "plain of existance" thing to explain away a possible bug is pure excellence.

...lolwut?

Im done, someone else take over for awhile.

17. SilentFoxXy

SilentFoxXy Guest

Healer in Nujelm Point:-

Have been complaining about this for the past few days, but, that said, there is always one who does work based up near the graveyard.

Also, there is always one in or around the inn/tavern in the town.

Yes, its true these dont work when out of the Inn , or even in other shops, but if you do see them in the inn, they work.

But, if worst happens, try the graveyard.

if not there, I guess, thats what 'Physically Stuck ' kinda means?? 'Helpppppp'

18. Beerman72

Beerman72 Visitor

I add a backstory so my thoughts become illogical? To me what is illogical is trying to compare players abilities to monster abilities.

*HEY DRACONI!!!! ITS NOT FAIR! They have 1000 HP but I dont!!! they have 1000 skill cap, why cant i?

19. miss uo

miss uo Guest

"Vanguards and their allies will now teleport if they are attacked while in unreachable locations."

Was in the publiish notes. Nujelm came to mind when I first saw this.

20. Charmed

Charmed Guest

:eek: Really? cast 2 screens away? omg!

But when those daemon are in alternate moonglow, they become sitting duckies! you see the daemon berserker at 1 corner of the fence getting shot by an archer at the other side of the fence. A tamer teleporting in to the daemon, set Greater Dragon on it, teleport to where archer is.
    Poor Daemon, can't teleport, can't run..

Yep, different abilities. Big Difference Then and Now. :lol:

21. Ah, the good ol' EA one-hit-kills-ya-monsters.

Makes armors and resists utterly pointless.

22. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hmmm with max resist, daemon berserker won't kill you in one hit heheh. The bad thing for my archer is he uses a vanq bow that is elemental slayer on it, sooo yeah I die in 1 hit even with max resist hehe.

23. Beerman72

Beerman72 Visitor

Ahhh the good ole days. *leans back* A bit of nostalgia..like the city invasions taking on invulnerable creatures that wipe out the town...over 100 people all hitting the vile creatures to no avail. Only death was given out for victory then....

Keep it coming Draconi, give these readers a taste of the days of old! Let them have it! :thumbup1:

24. Heh! hey ...at first I thought that the op had misidentified and or exagerated .... but instead of assuming ... I went for a look.

Teleporting in and out of buildings ... I thought the op was talking Fallen warriors from Riftglow ... cause they did it a bit, also had a nasty habit of waiting a five count AFTER your return through the corrupted rift .... to zoom up and rez kill ya gathering your gear, from behind-in houses/off screen somewhere ... and yeah, I'm talking paragon speeder steroid zoom .... glance at your bag for a blessed item ooooOooO.
    Any way ... NOT a fallen warrior ... big nasty teleporting molted Daemon Berserker ... two of 'em waiting for me on the beach by the dock, just off screen outta "all names" detection .... and to be fair ... they did give me three steps on the sand ... Before snapcracklepoooOoOoooOoOo ... one jumped, the other watched ... could almost hear the watcher humming ..."thats the way you do it".

vengence for the brothers who couldn't step across a fence.
    (they got my MTV!)

I'll be swinging back by Origin Nujel'm, for a second look ... checking to see how much more different THESE Daemon Berserkers are from the first ...
    especially to see if they auto attack the rest of the spawn ... Vanguard Controllers would/will certainly get "tanked" if so ...

Origin needs a gate OFF the island, for solo types ... until then .... mmmm rez ship with a HIDDEN rezzer ... ghost gets on and sails off shore ... THEN gets rezzed, rezzer invises before rebeaching. (we all know about the "fresh rez" attraction thing ... right?)

On my quick tour last night ...five(5) or more Daemon Berserkers were seen about ... but, I wasn't counting, NOR looking for other spawn ... I died just to confirm that there were DB's present, then added a run to the other end to check on gate status. Again: I couldn't get back on the locked out plank, to sail back to glow, BUT (again) its been a long time since I tried ghost sailing ... I could be rusty.

Preliminary guess ... Shards that don't organize an attack ... Nujel'm will be the Shadowlords beachhead ... not glow or serpents hold .... isn't there some valued item located on Nujel'm? ^^

25. While I have mostly very fond memories of the masterfully done invasion of Trinsic.... one thing kind of irritates me about it to this day.

I found out later that Jou'Nar had an invunerable flag early on. So no matter what we hit him with, he never died.

Don't get me wrong, it was a blast to have a GM roleplaying that character and addressing us personally as he killed us, but something about that invun flag seemed like a cheat...

26. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

If the Vanguard Controllers are the advance units of the Shadowlords, I doubt the demons are going to oppose them.

If you are in factions, demons are "friendly" to SL faction members. (Ogre lords are friendly to Minax; wisps are friendly to COM; and silver serpents are friendly to TB.)

27. One can allow for hope though ... eh?
    Can't recall if they would "set upon" the Ethereal Form Shadowlord
    (I'm all for a little fratricide ... IF it >aids< ME .... knowhatimean?)

but I'll settle for just killing the accompanying spawn ... Especially those little waste of arrows and attention in their little black hooded robes ....
    not to mention we NEED a sapper to breach those hollow walls .... to get at the hides and hairs (and yeah, loot) of the spawn that spawns in there ...
    (can almost hear the taunts .... neener neener nayh n nah ne nah nah! stuff'em full o cookies I will ! )

Course, then again .... there's this "opposing guild" on my home shard that have ticked me off ... again ...
    So maybe this island ... me and a sack full of blackrock, hidden by a spawn point .... could have some interesting results.

Remains to be seen.
    I mean ... you mention "factions" ... but .... then theres this andrew recruiting incident ... my position remains solid ... but ... allowable options ...
    are certainly getting muddied ... re last stands, retreat, surgical strikes and/or salted burning fields and poisoned healers ...

fun stuffs

28. Teal

Teal Guest

*nods to Dark Scripture* add to that please a check on Daemon Beserker's targetting/movement practices. Maybe folks are doing too many invis/recalls in front of them? Anyways, invis and they stroll right over and breath down your neck..waiting patiently. You chance a run, and they are on your tail, super pronto. But then there is no little lag, (as with the invis/recall disturbance) before they catch up to you and chomp!

29. Beerman72

Beerman72 Visitor

Heh...EXACTLY! He couldnt be killed which made it all the more exciting. Althought it didnt quite happen the same way again in Vesper, the creatures were albiet near impossible to kill.

The deamon Berzerkers on the other hand (like most creatures in the game) are limited to AI and can be killed by one individual. Draconi warned us all that not only were the monsters getting increased AI, but would also be beefed up and given experience for killing us players!!!

*sits back and waits*...and revels at the thoughs of being beaten to a bloody pulp with only a .02% chance of success in a huge group! This is what the game is supposed to be about from a PvM standpoint, they dont call it an epic storyline for no reason :)