1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Devs, A Note on Publish 61

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cogniac, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

You know that section you put at the top? The part that says
    Yeah. That's not part of Publish 61. That's client patch information that has client-side fixes in it that are related to Publish 61. You have the word "Client" over it, so I think you realize this.

However, when you actually put those fixes out, you have to give its own news posts, telling us what fix goes to which client, what the new version numbers are for each client, etcetera.

You guys haven't been a particular fan of actually providing us with this information the past few months, so I thought I'd just give you a friendly reminder.

2. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

And you want this why.....??

3. Because those interfere with certain 3rd party program patches?

4. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I see that the devs have either taken my advice or have decided independently to return to the system of disclosing client patch info as client patch info. My thanks to them.

To those who immediately wondered why I wanted patch numbers and/or immediately insinuated that I am an evil scripter: I kind of help run an Ultima Online wiki, and having the client patch numbers is kind of helpful when documenting client patches. I hope you enjoy browsing the client patch archive that I managed to painstakingly help create despite my obvious propensity for destroying UO with scripting taking up most of my time.

5. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrrr, we all be knowin' ye done collected all that patch info with an illegal 3rd-party script!

:p

6. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

great job to all who put so much work and time and research into uoguide - i always find it immensely helpful. and great work to everyone who has been updating the uo stratics site too. both sites make it very easy to find anything i'm looking for, or wondering about, or need history on. your efforts are very much appreciated :)

7. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Haha, excellent post.

8. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

Hear hear
    *raises glass*
    :thumbup: