1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Lake Austin

Discussion in 'UO Lake Austin' started by Petra Fyde, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Please welcome your new shard reporter, El of LA.
    While she's not exactly a stranger, she's maybe a little out of touch, so find her a comfy chair, bring her up to date and make her feel at home. :)

2. El of LA

El of LA Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor

Thank you Petra... and you are right. I need a lot of being brought up to speed! In particular, I need to have information on everyone's fav things, tricks of the trades you are willing to share, vendor houses and other sites on the shard, interesting characters you want to learn more about, EVENTS, ideas for events, regular hunts open for guests to join up, PEOPLE FOR TYCOLBY TO TALK TO WHEN HE LOGS IN, and anything else you'd like to see or share!

To make this easier and to make me easy to find and inform in-game, I have managed to gain ownership of a house on the road in Zento, West side of town on west side of the road. The owner is, of course, El, and the name of the house is the "Welcome Inn, O*T Guild Hall". There is a mailbox just under the house sign and I would love to see runes, books with your ideas and information, and news placed there. If there is suitable interest I will produce an in-game newsletter and distribute it to major gathering points on a regular basis.

Please let me know what you would like to see from your shard reporter. I have missed doing this and am really excited to get the chance again!

Contact me! ICQ 324 324 902,
    GMail: [email protected]
    and I will get onto chat every day as I login..
    General Channel for now.

- El.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Wewt. Welcome. :)

4. Woot !!!
    You are one in a million El and welcome back :)
    If I can help in any way let me know and if you need anything for game let me know..Would be my pleasure to help !!

5. Keira

Keira Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Congratulations El! I look forward in putting one of my rune library runes in your mailbox.

Yes, I moved away from New Magicina because a Castle (my long time Ultima dream) flew into my life. :)

6. Talishara

Talishara Guest

Welcome from all of us in E|M ! Hope to meet you soon!

Tali
    (Elen'Mar E|M)

7. TheVampster

TheVampster Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Welcome back El! I'm sure you will do a good job as always.

8. lindylou

lindylou Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Lake Austin isn't Lake Austin unless we have an El! around and so now the shard and forum are complete!!

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I know you! Welcome back!

10. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Congratulations and welcome!

A couple of questions for you.

1.) Are you a Lake Austin native player, meaning is this the shard you first started on?

2.) Do you PvP?

3.) I assume if 1 is yes, and 2 is yes, that your skill level is consistent with the rest of the natives and you are absolutely awful. Can you confirm my suspicion?

Good luck with your new position, all the best!

11. El of LA

El of LA Babbling Loonie

Aww Leia what a sweet thing to say. You made my month! :) I was going to reply to a couple more but seems like loading up the convo too much so a couple of other comments here!! 1) Vampster, thanks! High praise indeed !! and Lynk, fellow Wisconsinite, I save my PvP for recall elections and have been in UO lots longer than LA shard has been open. ;) I have no idea what your assessment of my abilities would be, but in a game where anyone can be pwned by an 8 yr old, I'm sure we all have good days and bad! :0

I have a feeling I'll be seeing you around! :)

*Waves at Kelmo*

12. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Hi El, welcome =)

13. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Gypsies, tramps and thieves...now that will be stuck in my head all nite. Thanks Kelmo :wall:

14. Atrocitus

Atrocitus Adventurer

The Gentlemen will be sure to give you something to report on. :eek:

15. swampjumper

swampjumper Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome back missed you and your newcomers help place that used to be in Luna. Yes i still play Lake Austin even though i dabble on other shards . From Siege to Dracenfells i am a wanderer but my wife stayed here holding the homefires down.

El of LA likes this.
  16. El of LA

El of LA Babbling Loonie

Hi Swampjumper! Thanks for the kind words. Its fun to be back! You will find a new Player Center (and hopefully the home of future events) in Zento. The Player Center is being called "The Welcome Inn" and you can find it on the West side of Zento on the main road. There is a lovely little village springing up there with some great other players!

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!