1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Deco uses for new fishing items?!?!?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Ni-, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Ni-

Ni- Guest

Psuedo/part-time house designer/decorator here. I've been checking out the new fishing stuff, like most others I'm sure. It just occured to me... new toys to deco with!

Has anyone used any of the new items yet, or had any ideas for their usage?

I was thinking that there is one fish that could look like a raw fish that might look good on a grill.

The charcoal, I think, looks brown like a pile of dirt, (or possibly dung, if it were place on the floor of a stable). The Salt Peter (hehe), I believe, is white like an ice patch. The black powder is shadow color, maybe a blackrock design? The Potash seems to be a blue/grey version of the same item as the previous 3.

There are also the cannon balls (bola ball?), grapeshots, power charges (white bola ball?), ramrods, swabs, match & fuse cords (wrapped candy/that quest flute from a while ago), & matches (tourch).

Any ideas?

2. Xanth de Orlig

Xanth de Orlig Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BRPA

I have been away and haven't gotten around to doing all the new fishing stuff yet, or anything with cannons for that matter ...

any chance of seeing some pics of a fore mentioned items, for those of us slow on the new swing, but interested in new deco ? ;-)

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

4. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Currently cannons are either in deed form, or placed on a boat - you can't place them in houses so far, which is very annoying....

Mind you given UO bugs, they would probably let you demolish neighbouring houses too, so might be just as well they can't be placed in homes yet.

5. Don't forget there are vet reward cannons (7th year) that you can use for decorations.

6. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

Dont forget lobster traps (yikes for fishing but looks strange for deco), the new baits from quest (coloured mugs) and the new fishpies. Baits and pies are coming in many different colours.

7. Xanth de Orlig

Xanth de Orlig Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BRPA

8. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

True, but I'd guessed from the thread title the new ones were the ones the OP was most interested in (and I would be too, if only you could use them as deco on land...).

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

The old vet reward cannons are very large and well... they don't do anything but fire smoke.. so to speak.

I wish we could outfit our homes with the cannons like the ships and use them for PvP home defense.. as well as RP PvP war...

What I wouldn't give for that.

*sighs* but alas ... we are left with them only for ship to ship use... maybe someday we'll have house cannons that work.

as for the other stuff... I was thinking that the lobster traps might be nice near a mousehole...

Also still think that the lobsters and crabs need to be cookable.. the plain ones.. and after cooking they should turn red.... just my opinion.

That'd look good on a platter or plate.