1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

decoded maps

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by tehfloof, Aug 31, 2010.

1. tehfloof

tehfloof Seasoned Veteran

I just inhereted hundreds of high level maps from an idoc but some are already decoded and can't be. Used. I heard they will reset after 30 days. Is this true?

2. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If your template includes ALWAYS keeping carto on it then you can use them, anyone with GM carto can read an already decoded map. If you decode your maps then stone carto for skill swaping then you must wait until the maps reset which should be soon.

If you dont want to wait you can always throw them on a vendor PEOPLE WILL buy them, or you can just toss em in a bag, go to brit library and turn em in.

Reguardless of what you do it is always wise to save em up AFTER youve dug the treasure and turn em in for points.

I strongly urge you to configure your template to include carto for now to get the maps outta the way. Once they reset they will have random locations and will no longer correspond to the THB rune library or the THB treasure maps.

Good Luck!

3. tehfloof

tehfloof Seasoned Veteran

Thanks. My intent was to sell them, but i wasn't sure if othe rpeople could read. thanks for the clarification.

4. Lokida

Lokida Guest

I didn't know about this who do you turn them into cdavbar?

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The NPC on the top floor bottom right corner (SE) (between the fisher and the thief).

6. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Second Floor of library. the NPC accepts new, decoded, and finished maps so its always best to do them first.

7. Lokida

Lokida Guest

This is great to know, you always see some TH'er leaving his/her calling card laying around. I'm gonna scoop em up for now on and turn mine in.

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You can also turn in completed maps

9. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yes yes yes lol ill be out doing a map and find tons of them that people just drop to show "XXXXXXX" was here. Those library points add up off of these peoples finished maps.

10. Peetra

Peetra Guest

Hello all, new here. Question: What kind of points are we talking about when one turns in maps at the Library?

11. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

There is a friends of the library quest you must do. Once you do that quest you can turn in items and different things to different NPCs in the West Brit Library. THese points in turn build up. After you build them up you can redeem them for special deco, Armour, weapons etc.

Given the items cost a lot of points and can take a while to build up but it is ALWAYS worht the time to turn in completed maps because they do add up after a while, especially if you are big into thunting!