1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Decorator Challenge: Festivus Pole

Discussion in 'UHall' started by drinkbeerallday, Nov 30, 2008.

1. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

I'm too lazy to figure out which item or amalgamation of items perfectly placed will result in an accurate representation of a Festivus pole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus

Pics Please!

2. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

:postpics:

Had to say it.

3. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

LOL

*shakes head*

4. Jhym

Jhym Guest

I presume you'd use a glacial staff, but since it can't look 'upright', you could use a silver or blue colored street lamp.

Hmmmmm actually though, I think I have a "post" from magincia.

Maybe Festivus will happen after all.

5. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- Well I turned in most of my coins of mondain during the last turn-in, but they worked decently :)
    Maybe a stack of single silver coins?
    Perhaps some of those threads of fate could line up?

6. to make a mini one you could wood or iron style it... with ignuts normal + reversed and a staff or board/board reversed +logs stacked up :| hrmm although the reversed boards are hard to get nowadays sme with the ingnuts... hrmmm

7. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

In my Bar I have a pool table and two pole dancing poles made from gold key rings you need a few but they look ok.:D

8. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

what is thread of fate

9. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

In a custom house you can just use the northwest corner piece as a pole - maybe the bluish white marble, that would look the most silvery, or the "shadow" corner piece. Classic home you would do ok stacking any small item that can be dyed silver/grey or naturally comes that way. So stringless yarnballs might work alright, or a bunch of mondains coins, etc. Silver coins might be a little too small, and also have a graphical glitch (at least when in a stack of 2-5), an odd thin line that shoots out to the side.

If you want a base you just need an item that lays flat and can be turned with the dec tool, or already has a counterpart graphic that is turned the other way. And when stacked on each other makes a nice X.

10. Specialshoes

Stratics Veteran

I think dull copper key rings would work. You don't want to use anything to shiny and sparkly cause it is distracting.