1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Deeds turning into Image of Barrel

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Katrena, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have some items that the deed turned into the image of a barrel when they were re-deeded. Is there any way to convert them back into the normal deed form?

Thanks, Katrena

2. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think if you place em and redeed em again they might.

It is a weird umm "feature" lol

3. Katrena

Katrena Sage

No, I have never had one convert back to a regular deed after placing and re-deeding. Most items I'm not really concerned about, but know my Garden Shed is a barrel deed and I would like to get it back to a regular deed.
    Thanks, Katrena

4. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I believe that is turns into a barrel to save you having to empty addons in to move them around or recustomize your house. If you want it back as a deed, you need to empty it, then release it. Once released and chopped, it will turn back into a deed.

5. Katrena

Katrena Sage

The Garden Shed had just been claimed from the Vet rewards and had never been placed. I placed it to see how many tiles is used, immediately chopped it, and it went into the barrel deed. There was no message that it needed to be released before chopping it. I had not locked it down either. There had never been anything placed inside it.

Thanks, Katrena

6. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

put.in a house and drop the house

7. Katrena

Katrena Sage

I do not have a house I could do that with.

Thanks, Katrena

8. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

yeah who does right?

silly its the only way i have found that works.. and only realized by doing idoc

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

It does that when it's a "secure" container and it auto secures.... there are a few items that do this.... Arcane bookcases are one. Anyway to return it to deed form make sure it's empty and then say I wish to release this... target the item in question and then chop it. That should put it back in deed form.

10. Katrena

Katrena Sage

That only works for deeded items that can be "locked down and released". The feature to turn containers into a barrel was in a publish to prevent people from chopping a container and everything falling to the ground. The Garden Shed "can not" be looked down and it "can not" be released. If there are items in the Garden Shed when you chop it, it is suppose to turn into a barrel to save your items from dropping to the ground. The problem is, it turns into a barrel when you chop it and it is empty. This is not correct and it needs to be fixed, along with other containers the turn into a barrel when empty and chopped.

Thanks, Katrena

11. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Its got something to do with containers that autolock when you put them down they automatically give you the secure gump.... THAT is what it has to do with. There are a few deeded containers that do that.

12. LetheGL

LetheGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Barrel, ferret or smelly shoes. It's still a garden shed...

Merlin likes this.