1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Defeating the Harrower

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nukeworker, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Nukeworker

Nukeworker Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hi guys not sure if this is the right forum but I will try here anyway. I have never battled the Harrower before..Any tips or tricks? Can it be solo'd? For example with a sampire? Much appreciatied for any information and tips

2. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

yeah go summon him hes is easy to solo , LMAO

AxiamInc likes this.
  3. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You can easily solo him if you triple client..you need a sampire for the harrower a disco and mystic for the tentacles and a mystic or two can take care of the true harrower

4. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

probably need a good pvpr as well unless your going to try this on a dead shard..

5. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Which shard's aren't dead shards? Heck GL has turned into a dead shard of late with every Tom **** and Harry standing around doing IDOC's all day long. You can do any spawn you want.

6. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If you've never done a Harry, then trying one solo wouldn't be the wisest thing to do. I've seen guilds do it where only one sampire was doing all the damage, but they had mages, mystics, and a bard there as support chars to throw fields, heal, and discord. If you have the right group that knows what their doing then it doesn't take very many people to do it and pull it off quickly...but then I've seen large groups that you just had to wonder about.

7. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I think our record for doing a harry was under 10 minutes. We had 6 or 7 sampires and one disco mage. We were bored one night and a few members needed some 25's so we decided to see how quick we could do one.

8. AxiamInc

AxiamInc Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think cruel quite covers that one.. LOL ouch!!

Raider Red likes this.
  9. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

You use sampires for the tentacles? I've always done it with RC.

10. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Sampires will kill it fast after disco

11. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You can do it several ways. We have done it with dragons, with RC's and EV's, with sampires, hell we even provo balrons on the tentacles once. You become "creative" when you get bored.

Raider Red likes this.
  12. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Most templates can deal with the harrower. Just make sure you have a support character to heal! Sampire is good with a mystic mage to heal and pop RC's etc.

13. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Samp's finish the tentacles fast when they are disco'd. I've three man'd it a few times in sub 20 mins but it's now kinda boring, I have 20+ 25's kicking around.

14. Nukeworker

Nukeworker Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

thanks alot guys for the info...So in theory it is possible to solo it with one sampire and a supporting mage with discord?

15. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Interesting, I've never tried to disco the tentacles. Gonna try that one out.

16. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

There was a guild on Atlantic that used to message me to run my bard over and discord the stuff for them- that was fun.

Even without discord a sampire can take out the tentacles.

I've seen a mage/tamer/bard solo him--- but that was using a bug x2 (A rune beetle and a bug that allowed you to keep the harrower constantly peaced). I just hung around stealthed and picked up the gold afterwards.

I'd say it's possible with the note that you really need him discorded.

17. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Resist on the samp is a must IMO also, I've done it without but it can be a wreck. I'd also bring a swampie with armor and spare armor. Honor and chiv would make it go a heck of alot faster also.

18. Obsidian

I usually use my 120 resist sampire on the harrower and true harrower. For the tentacles, I always pulled back and my mystic friends RC them to death. When I am too close I found I was life leeched too often thus healing the tentacles. Is there a way to prevent the tentacles from healing off you?

19. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I thought there was a balm that one could use which reduced the tentacle issue. I just walk in and AI them while some mage throws me a heal or two, they go down rather fast but you need a decent mana pool to do so.