1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

defense chance increase question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by frostbolt, Apr 23, 2009.

1. frostbolt

frostbolt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

is this worth stacking if i am playing a mage character who does not have a melee skill and is not using a mage weapon? atm i have 40 dci but not wearing a mage weapon

2. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Yes, because even without a mage weap you still have (anat+eval)/2 in defensive "weapon" skill. So a human mage with 120 eval has 70 "skill" and elf 60.

Youll still get stomped by most all dexxers as they tend to be 120's with over cap hci.

3. frostbolt

frostbolt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

well actually im a tamer mage bard i dont actully have eval and this is for pvm

4. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The Short anwer is...

*In PvP no... everyone will hit you reguardless

*In PvM Maybe... If you designed a character to fighting a specific group of monsters it's possible you only need a certain amount to make your template playable...

The Long answer....

HOW COMBAT WORKS

5. Splup

Splup Guest

Prolly not... If you use mage weapon then yes.

6. If you add any parry or weapon skill at all it should help some. If all check skills for defence chance are 0.. Remember anything time 0 is 0. 45% DCI x 0 = 0 .
    Need to know the formula to be sure.

7. No, DCI is an extension of weapon dodge chance it doesn't matter how much you equip without a weapon skill you will still have 0.

[weapon skill = swords, fencing, maceing, archery, mage weapon, wrestling, defensive wrestle]