1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Defining success, what gives?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by the 4th man, Aug 21, 2008.

1. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

After reading about players, being suspended and or banned( I forget which), for saying or having URl's in game in some fashion or the other.....what's with LLTS getting away with it?

We get these books evry now and then scattered about promoting the guild, their history, some book some joker wrote, and their website.

Obviously, these books can be picked up and altered, if not copied. But still, how is it, these guys can get away with promoting their website, and others can't??

I don't expect an answer from anyone from EA or mythic, or whoever owns UO this week.....just making mention of city politics at EA.:bowdown:

as usual,
    later

2. Leto

Leto Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know what that LLTS-website is about but as long as they don't sell in-game items for real currency they aren't doing anything illegal.

My guild runs an in-game auction([EA&E] Europa Auction & Events). During the last auction I recieved an ICQ message from a friend saying some guy with a grudge paged on us for having the URL to our website in our housesign.
    Was I worried? Not in the least. In fact we have the URL advertised all over; the house sign, runes, books, profiles. Our website is well within 'the spirit of the game' and thus it is not at risk.

It's a typical story of 'chinese whispers'. It was one player who got a 24-hour suspension for advertising a website that offered in-game items for real currency. This isn't something new, the practice has been illegal for years.

3. BbqLou

BbqLou Visitor

Because GUILD websites can be advertised... good job detective! :thumbsup:

4. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ahem,

if they dont sell items for $$, or violate tos they can be advertised. if your guild website is www.wedupeandsellforcash.org its not gonna work out well

5. BbqLou

BbqLou Visitor

oh god u got me! shut up.