1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Delay Tactics - deliberate - you think?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jade of Sonoma, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    Delay tactics seem to have always been built into every corner of UO.
    Delay tactics teach players patience, get us killed and make us work harder at our goals.
    For example, recalling out of dangerous situations often results in blocked recall spots. Is that deliberate?
    Seems to me it is because I took the time to check on a second computer when this happened, to see that nothing was blocking, not even an invisible player or stealther.

EG: While trying to regain Venerated Status in Trinsic,
    Here I am, mouse pointer over garbage. * Note: the word garbage stands alone. No asterics around the word garbage

But, two White dots appear outside other words as you put out fires and clear garbage:
    * Lord Jade Clears a pile of garbage*
    Sometimes I can't tell which is the white dot in the garbage and which are bracketing the words, causing me to accidentally dismount.

Then the same happens, DISMOUNTED, while clicking on fires, on the wrong white dots while collecting garbage and on any string of words popping up over a character's head.

It's no big deal. Just another small delay of course, but still a delay. You spend time getting back up on your horse if it hasn't run off or you end up hunting for the etheral which is hidden somewhere in your back pack. Small but funny annoyances. Clever if intentional - -

And, of course, this one everyone knows:

-- I like posting pictures - - it's raining out - :popcorn:
    Everyone has experienced tons of delay tactics, diliberate or not?