1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

deleting....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Faenwen, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faenwen

Faenwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well seems I wrote something about idoc being random and scripting in general in a thread where it didn't belong.
    Sorry, didn't realise I did something wrong.

but.... it really would have been nice to just move those posts to a new thread instead of just erasing the thoughts of comitted players.

just my 2 cents....

York_Siege likes this.
  2. James Moriarty

James Moriarty Journeyman
    M8s

This thread will be deleted or locked too, we are to pretend that somethings in game don't go on and if we ignore them they will go away.

York_Siege likes this.
  3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Discussions of scripting are a circular argument that go no where and are simply trolled by people who defend the practice, claim 'everyone does it' and lead to misleading half truths, such as all that is possible though scripts can be done in EC. That is far from true.
    It is not in any way helpful to discuss such on these boards.
    Perhaps I removed some posts that were less offensive than others, for that I apologise, but leaving them simply leads to the more offensive posts being replaced by even more in like vein.
    Is it not far more useful that concrete information regarding the problem under discussion can be found by Bleak without his having to scroll through pages of arguments only peripheraly related to the information he needs?

Maybe that is the aim of those people who support the use of scripts? To fill the thread with so much extraneous chatter than no developer has sufficient time to trawl through it for those hidden nuggets of information that would allow him to furnish a solution to the problem they don't want fixed?

And yes, I'm going to lock this too, because otherwise this thread just becomes the same 'troll bait' as I was trying to avoid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.