1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Despair damage.

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Lord GOD(GOD), Jan 25, 2011.

1. Since one of the reverts deleted my vollems I've been looking at a few other options for town fighting (as summons are obviously useless - unless you gate in and out constantly but who can be bothered with that) for the invasion. I've got some Spellweaving sitting idle so had been using some Dryad Allures but decided to change mastery from Provoke back to Discord again to see what the Despair damage was like.

So I find a guard, Discord it and with 120 Music/Discord/Prov Despair does a steady stream of 79. As I also have 106.something Peace sitting on a stone I tried putting that on as well to see if it would increase the damage and... it didn't, still 79.

Anyone know why? I expected to see some difference even if it was just 1.

2. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Dumb question but was it the same guard? I think they have a small range of values for resists and a difference of 1-2% could cause the damage to work out the same. The base damage difference for the extra point would have been about 6 physical.

3. Ah, no it was a different guard.

I didn't realise Despair still targeted a resist, I thought it did at first (Physical) but was changed to direct and lessened when the Slayer thing was added.

4. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Despair does physical damage
    Tribulation used to do physical, but that was giving inconsistent results so was changed to direct.

5. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It's great to see the amount of input that your adding to this forum Logrus. I wanted to ask what was the reason for not allowing us to switch masteries on the run? I can understand not allowing us to run different masteries at one time but it's annoying haveing to go and relearn each whenever you wish to use a different one. Yes it's quick but without a sticky note I've found myself having to delay my party...any idea?

6. Meat Elemental

Meat Elemental Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I agree also, even though switching masteries is easy enough I would love to switch between provo and discord spells on the field too.

7. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Does anyone know if slayer instruments increases damage for discord masteries?

8. Picus at the office

Stratics Veteran

I believe that it was or is or does....I've yet to use that spell/song on anything though guildmates use it daily when we are out champing and report hefty numbers from it.

9. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Despair
    PvP 1x Damage
    PvM 1.5x Damage
    PvM with Slayer 3x Damage (Or 2x the 1.5 for PvM)

Tribulation is the same damage PvP/PvM
    Tribulation with slayer is 1.5x Damage.

Switching masteries doesn't fit into the big "master" plan which is about as much as I can say about that.

10. Meat Elemental

Meat Elemental Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Nice!, could the bards be getting a little love? I can understand the mastery quests then.

11. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

I'm kinda excited!

12. Picus at the office

Stratics Veteran

Bummer. Thanks for the direct reply all the same. I would be against allowing combo's of the spells at one time but discoing 5 goats every 3 days is silly...

13. I'd like to be able to switch on the fly, but not mix them, so if you had Despair active you could only activate Tribulation. To use either of the Provoke ones you would need to deactivate both Discord ones, and with one of those active you could then only activate the other Provoke one.

14. semmerset

semmerset Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Please teach me,
    Is this meaning use slayer musical instruments?

15. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes, slayer musical instruments increases the damage you do against things vulnerable to that slayer type.

16. yars

yars Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

what about super slayers and specific slayers? same dmg for both?