1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Desperately needs help...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Leaf, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I just raised Cartography to ROT. I have been gaining making maps from blank scrolls. I just ate an Alacrity scroll, and can't get a gain at all now. I wasted so much time trying City and World Maps. Nothing. What do you do here to gain when you hit 70. I had read that making maps was good till 95. I'm totally screwed and don't want to waste this scroll...thx in advance

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Has RoT reset happened yet? Could that be an issue here?

3. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I haven't got any ROT gains today so I should be able to get my gains for today. I just hit 70. Is there something I'm missing here with ROT? Do you have to wait to start ROT till the next day when you hit it? Help Kelmo :) !

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I wish I had the answer! I am about to do an A scroll myself. It will be my first. *sweats* Maybe try after reset? See what happens? Maybe at 70 you need to do something else... That happened to me, gaining fine until a certain point then had to move to a different difficulty.

5. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

The Cartograhy info on Stratics is old, but it says I should be able to gain with maps till 95. I just don't know if Seige is different. We need a Seige Professions Board--hehe

6. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I raised my cartography to 70 just yesterday and got my rot gains to 75.0 without any trouble drawing sea charts. As far as alacrities go, there are a few common mistakes that can be easy to overlook. One is do you have the room for the skills you are trying to gain? A lot of people will plan out which skills they plan to put on soulstones and then forget to do that, so that when they are thinking they should gain they are already at skill cap.

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Everything on Stratics is old, including me. *sighs*

8. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Ok, this is so weird. I waited for ROT to reset and I just started gaining. I had No Rot gains from today as he is a finished character. Don't know why it wouldn't let me gain but I am now. Thank you both for your help.

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

When does RoT reset? It has been so long since that has been an issue for me.

10. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

RoT resets at 6 PM Central.

11. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Unless we are under DST, then it is 7PM Central.

12. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

7PM Central is correct, 8PM Eastern

You should be able to make world maps up until about 99.5 or so. You'll need to decode actual maps to get the last few.

13. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Actually ROT time just changed. With Daylight savings time, the winter ROT is 7pm-est and 6pm-central. Summer ROT is 8pm-est & 7pm-cen.

14. Azural Kane

Azural Kane Guest

You ate the alacrity scroll before you even tested for gains??? Heh

15. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I was gaining fine, hit ROT, went and had dinner, came back and ate the scroll and nothing. I had already read that I could do what I was doing till 95. I had not gained any ROT gains that day so I should have had 5 gains possible. I waited till 7pm, tried again and gained. Makes no sense. I have used Alacrity scrolls before and never encountered this.