1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Despise Barracoon will get you banned - lol

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Appalled at EA, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Appalled at EA

Appalled at EA Visitor

- well according to GM Drasaw we did an exploit, and all 3 of us got a warning. Here is what happened:

Ok so last night 2 of my guildmates and myself were finishing a despise barracoon spawn. When the champ spawned, we proceeded to kill him with 2 melee dexers and a mage healing. As usual barracoon was going crazy all over the island, and instead of getting trapped in a circle path in the south-east corner of the island, it went up on the west bridge.

After a few seconds of being on the bugged bridge, which they've failed to patch 2 times now, barracoon fell through the bridge (what a surprise) and landed under water in some small area. We laughed, then followed the same path that barracoon went, no exploit, no bug or cheat, we merely walked with the use of a mouse and button and we too fell through the bugged bridge that our lovely GM's still can't work out on how to fix. Anyways after killing barracoon we gathered the gold, then were randomly teleported up onto the bridge, we thought nothing of it and continued.

30 mins later, one of our guildmates gets put into jail, and Drasaw confronts him, and tells him that he's been exploiting. Totally puzzled he asks why, and the gm says we exploited to kill barracoon underneath the water -LOL. So my guildy then tells him, that's complete BS, the bridge is bugged and we simply fell through a tile. Drasaw wouldn't listen and gave him more pre-typed messages. My guildy then asked the gm to teleport him back to despise so he could prove we were innocent, and that it was EA's fault for not properly patching the bugged despise bridge, but as usual the GM wouldn't listen, and replied with yet another pre-typed/canned response. Drasaw then informed him he has a warning and a mark against his account for this, even though he kept pleading we were innocent and he could prove it if the GM would let him.

A few mins later, my other guildy was jailed and got the same complete BS. I never went to jail, BUT they sent me an email and an in-game msg saying i have a warning and Mark against me. We've since all complained to support via email.

So yeah guys don't do despise, cause you may get banned if Barracoon walks under the water. The EA support staff really know their game lol. Utterly deplorable.

2. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

wouldn't you love to hear from sarrakah.. or really anyone that actually has any authority? sorry they gave you a warning to cover for their own incompetence. oh, and this will shortly be sent to the spiels and rants board because.. well.. let's wait and hear some asinine reason from a moderator.

3. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Send them an email and protest the warning, highlighting what happened. Try to not use strong language. Hopefully GM reviews will fix ya'lls accounts.

4. Well, I am glad no one was watching tonight on Origin then =/
    I completely agree its their own fault and they should fix it. I dont see how this could be considered an exploit.
    They would rather mark accounts and give warnings, even perhaps ban people instead of fixing their mistake? Pretty pathetic and the canned responses coming from GMs makes it even worse.

5. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Things like this have been a problem with GM's since I started the game over 10 years ago. Most don't seem to know the rules and if you ask three different GM's the same question, if you even got an answer they'd likely all be different.

6. Thats just lame.. Id email and protest the warning not your fault the bridge is broke and EA cant even fix it right after two tries.. Its a shame keep seeing how they treat there loyal customers.

7. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I spoke to a guild member of mine just now. He managed to get stuck under there yesterday and had to call a gm to get him out. No warning, No nothing against his account...

8. ElRay

ElRay Guest

Sorry to hear that. You were probably caught because you werent speed hacking. Next time speedhack.

Best of luck to you.

9. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Wow... if that's true then just.... wow.

10. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Would love to hear from the Dev team about this

11. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You found a bug in the game.
    You used that bug to your advantage.

That's the definition of exploiting.

In this case, the same bug prevented you from completing a champ spawn unless you used the bug yourself, so the GMs were lenient and gave you a warning instead of banning you on the spot.

A mark on your account for being warned about using a particular exploit isn't that big of a deal - it just means you can't plead ignorance if you get caught using that same exploit in the future.

What should you do if Barracoon gets stuck again? Page a GM asking them to take him out of the hole.

And considering that you felt the need to make a new Stratics account just to complain... I'm guessing you already know you did the wrong thing and the GM took the appropriate action.
    And make sure you submit a bug report giving details on how to reproduce the problem... because if nobody gives reproduction steps the bug might stick around longer, meaning you'll have more time to be tempted to use the bug again, meaning you'll be more likely to get banned for using it.

12. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

I'll help... How to reproduce this bug; Step on the tile and you will get stuck. The end. How dare anyone "exploit" this.

13. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable

EA should have fixed there buggy ass bridge. I have not been down to DSP since the change, but im hoping its not as bad as I think...

Also paging GM to move the monster is not like in tram whereyou dont have to worry about another guild getting the members and raiding. I would have just followed coon down and help stucked out to get out of there. Just me though.

BTW..how did a buggy ass bridge like this make it live neways??? What was wrong with the old bridgethat worked or did they change the east bridge?? Pic I saw was of the west bridge....

14. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Im waiting for a GM atm.

I can run in and out of where he is atm.. But im not wanting to go down there just incase i get my acount banned..

They better hurry up...

15. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Umm... wow.....

I gave up waiting so i just went under the water and killed the barracoon. Half way through a GM appeared and moved it onto the island and froze it so it wouldnt move. Once back in Luna i got this a few message from him(see screeny)

Thanks GM Fliper

-------EDIT--------

Here is the text on the screeny:

[GM Fliper] I understand you realise this. Thank you for reporting it, please submit a bug report regarding this issue.
    [GM Fliper] If you are found exploiting it your account could be actioned.
    [GM Fliper] Thank you for playing Ultima Online. Save Travels

Attached Files:

16. Appalled at EA

Appalled at EA Visitor

Your kidding right? My god some people are just plain stupid. It really boggles me how you can actually think this? What bug did i do? What Exploit? oh that's right i walked lol.

People who camp star room and block the teleporters are exploiting, i didn't hold an item or anything, i simply walked where barracoon walked, and i fell down. And those people who camp star don't get a warning then a mark against their account.

I don't have another stratics account actually.

Wrong thing? my god, the mind of a trammel dudley do-right really is ridiculous. Your logic is equivalent of that of a donkey.

How to reproduce the problem - walk on the despise bridge, nothing else.

read above

LOL your logic/argument is just absurd. Out of curiosity do you also sign checks with crayons and drive on the wrong side of the road?

17. Appalled at EA

Appalled at EA Visitor

The thing is it's not a bug, it's just the GM's have the competency of a council worker. They have simply forgot to add a tile, thus you can now fall through.

Secondly, there is nothing to exploit! how the hell does barracoon going underneath water give you an advantage in anyway? Anyone can go down there. As i said before, star room camping whilst blocking the teleporter via holding an item is more of an issue, yet they don't seem to care about that.

I guess EA are more concerned in policing people that get stuffed up in their own mistakes, rather than actually fixing real issues - Speed hacking etc.

18. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Devs and GMs are not the same. I don't think the GMs have the ability to fix it, that's what the devs are suppose to do.
    And it IS a bug.

Edit: However, I think they should at least put a rock or something on that bugged spot to prevent players and monsters from stepping on that spot and going under.

19. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I know there isnt. I actually said in the initial page to the gm and bugged tile causing him to walk under the water/bridge. But well in typical EA fashion... Its an exploit.

20. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I thought about putting a few crates around the tiles. But no doubt ill get burned for blocking the path of him..

21. Serine

Serine Guest

They should ban barracoon for use of a bug ... :gee:

22. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

They didn't gain an advantage, they followed Barracoon where he walked. You don't have any control over where Barracoon walks. He does not chase targets. In fact he does the exact opposite and runs away from his opponents.

The bridge has been in this condition for weeks. The dungeon entrances have been bugged for 2 months now. You can't place the blame on players for dealing with a situation which the developers have failed to correct.

23. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Doubtfully. You're only covering one spot, not blocking the entire bridge. No different than dropping a crate on the ground by the bank.

24. popps

popps Always Present

Just guessing here, perhaps when Barracon falls through the bugged tile under the water players should NOT follow it AND instead call a Game Master to bring it back onto the island ?

25. Splup

Splup Guest

Yeah but giving warning for that? Damn... Yeah I have had the patience to wait for 45min-1 hour to get GM move harrower tentacles, but waiting 45min-1hour cause of a freaking coon which I get popped in less then 15 mins is just bs, cause they can't fix a BRIDGE? I don't want to be mean but how hard can it be? The old bridge was working great so how can't they just make the new bridge like the old bridge was? Instead they broke both bridges?

26. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Your best bet would be to contact Chrissay and get her to look into it. Her contact information is stickied somewhere in this forum, I believe. If your version of the story is factual, then this mark is silly at best.

27. XLaCeDX

XLaCeDX Guest

You found something out of the ordinary, not normal, broken, and failed to report it.

The Proper Procedure when you discover a bug is to REPORT IT, not benefit from it.

That is where you failed to obey the rules YOU agreed to when you signed the contract with EA Games.

See #15 below:

http://www.uo.com/conduct.html

HOME
    PLAYGUIDE
    COMMUNITY
    ACCT MGMT
    SUPPORT
    UPDATE CTR
    MyUO

ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE RULES OF CONDUCT

While you are a member of the Ultima Online Service, you must abide by the following rules. IF YOU BREAK ANY OF THESE RULES, YOUR ULTIMA ONLINE ACCOUNT, AND YOUR RIGHT TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE, MAY BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY BY ORIGIN SYSTEMS. IF THIS HAPPENS, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY REFUND OF ANY AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AND YOU WILL FORFEIT ALL OF YOUR UNUSED ACCESS TIME.

THE RULES ARE:
    1) You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.

2) You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language.

3) You may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player.

4) You may not impersonate any Ultima Online Customer Support representative or other employee of Origin Systems.

5) You may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) on the Ultima Online Service or through the Ultima Online Web Site.

6) You may not violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation.

7) You may not modify any part of the Ultima Online Service or Web Site that Origin Systems does not specifically authorize you to modify.

8) You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are on the Ultima Online Service or Web Site, or use the Ultima Online Service or Web Site for any other illegal purpose.

9) You may not organize any guilds or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.

10) You may not use the Ultima Online Service or the Ultima Online Web Site for any activities other than activities that are permitted within the game world.

11) You may not post or communicate any player's real world personal information within the Ultima Online Service or through the Ultima Online Web Site or bulletin board.

12) You may not give false information or intentionally hide any information, such as email address or billing information, which is required at the time you register with the Ultima Online Service. It is your responsibility to keep this information up-to-date using the website located at http://www.ultima-registration.com.

13) You will not upload or transmit on the Ultima Online Service, or through the Ultima Online Web Site or bulletin board, any copyrighted content that you do not own all rights to, unless you have the express written permission of the author or copyright holder.

14) You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Ultima Online Service.

15) You will not exploit any bug in the Ultima Online product or the Ultima Online Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through public posting) to any other user of the Ultima Online Service.

16) You will not attempt to play Ultima Online on any service that is not controlled or authorized by Origin Systems.

17 ) You will not create, use or provide any server emulator or other site where Ultima Online may be played, and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to Ultima Online without the express written permission of Origin.

18) You will not do anything else that interferes with the ability of other Ultima Online users to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules, or that increases the expense or difficulty of Origin in maintaining the Ultima Online Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU AGREE TO THESE RULES AND WILL ABIDE BY THEM.

YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD.

YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THESE RULES WILL APPLY TO ANYONE THAT YOU ALLOW TO USE YOUR ULTIMA ONLINE ACCOUNT OR USER ID, AND THAT YOU ARE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES (INCLUDING TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT) THAT MAY RESULT IF ANY SUCH PERSON BREAKS THESE RULES.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOUR ACCOUNT AND RIGHT TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE IS TERMINATED BY ORIGIN SYSTEMS FOR ANY REASON, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND OF ANY FEES PAID BY YOU FOR USE OF THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AND YOU WILL FORFEIT ANY UNUSED ACCESS TIME THAT YOU HAVE REMAINING AT THE TIME OF TERMINATION.

IN ORDER TO HELP MAKE ULTIMA ONLINE A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE, ORIGIN MAY OCCASIONALLY FIND IT NECESSARY TO MAKE CHANGES TO, OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS OF, AN ON-GOING WORLD IN ORDER TO BRING IT BACK INTO BALANCE. THESE CHANGES OR RESETS MAY AFFECT CHARACTERS UNDER YOUR CONTROL AND MAY CAUSE YOU SETBACKS WITHIN THE GAME WORLD.

THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE ULTIMA ONLINE WEB SITE FROM TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT ORIGIN MAY HAVE MADE.

YOU AGREE TO READ CAREFULLY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AGREEMENT THAT IS POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AT http://www.uo.com/agreement.html.

© 2008 Electronic Arts Inc. All rights reserved.
    Privacy Policy | Terms of Service

You are not the first person who has found a bug and failed to report it and got a mark and you won't be the last.

When leather engraving tools came out it was possible to engrave pets, even other people's pets with them. Obviously the Devs didn't take into consideration that living animals that were encased in their own leather hides where in fact leather containers...

I didn't make one single gold piece from that bug but it was sure was fun while it lasted.

:)

A mark is a warning not to do the same thing again. A slap on the wrist. Learn from it and move on.

28. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

I don't understand how people fail to realize how that is not an exploit. There is ZERO advantage to being stuck. This is not duping, scamming or anything like that. The dev's forgot to put in a tile. You walk over it and you're stuck. You gain absolutely nothing by doing this.

29. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

A warning is more than a slap on the wrist. It means he is more likely to get banned in future.

Yes, if you follow the rules to the T, then you can definitely make a case for the warning. However, it is only an obnoxious judge that would ignore the following factors,

1) The bug has been in play for couple of weeks and affects one of the most popular spawn..

2) It takes a GM hours to respond to a page at times.

3) The bug is tremendously easy to partake in without fully realizing what is going on.

4) The bug, as far as I can tell, does not give any major benefit (I guess the champion does not run around anymore is bit of a benefit but someone posted that the GM's solution upon showing up is to take it out and freeze it - also, perhaps plays a factor if someone crashes the party). Either way, the baracoon was going to die.

I don't believe UO needs people's account getting partly banned over this. I think the precious GM time could be better spent somewhere else.

30. Spoz

Spoz Guest

As far as I'm concerned this is just a little secret cavern under the lake. Monsters spawn there and its easy enough to get to - just walk!

You cannot control where Baracoon goes, and it doesnt stop other players from following you.

I recently got stuck when a chest spawned, and I had to help/stuck for a GM to come get me moved - the GM hadn't moved be by the time the box despawned - so for them to come to something like moving Baracoon I can imagine the wait being long! I'd have thought best people follow and kill it rather than clogging up an already huge GM queue on something trivial that players can sort out themselves. Besides whats to stop him going down there a second time when he's moved?

Attached Files:

31. XLaCeDX

XLaCeDX Guest

Don't forget that pks run more chances of being paged on than anyone else ingame.

Who do you think paged on them while they were doing a champ spawn?

Enemy pks of course.

It just means pks need to be EVEN more careful of the rules.

I disagree actually that it means they will have more chances of being banned.

I had a GM tell me recently I was getting a mark for html guild tag and if I did it again it'd be grounds for banning.

I heard the same thing was said for the bugged quivers of infinity.

If caught with one you'd get a mark and if CAUGHT with a second one then it was grounds for termination.

EA doesn't really want to ban anyone. I think they only ban those who repeatedly break the rules and or who break more serious rules like duping or saying the R word.

Case in point about 3 days ago on Pac we get a newbie char spamming a website that sells items for cash which is illegal.

Paged on him, in less than an hour he's gone.

Here comes another one.

Paged on him and in less than an hour he's gone as well.

Here comes number 3.

Again paged on him he's gone to.

4 days later it started again. Once the three got out of jail and over their 3 day suspension.

You can be sure these guys are only in UO spamming to make real life cash, those 3 accounts are not used for anything else, and are most likely UNPAID trial accounts, yet I will have to page on them a total of 9 different times to get them perma banned.

That's nine times a GM has to come and remove them.

If it was my game, and I saw it was a trial account spamming a website, it'd be permabanned the first time a GM had to deal with it to save time and money.

That is an example of how EA doesn't want to ban any accounts be they paying accounts or trial accounts.

They just want players to obey the rules.

It's not too much to ask for it's just a game after all.

It wasn't a matter of life and death that they had to kill Barracoon under the water rather than paging because it was broken and then waiting for a Gm to show up and fix it.

They need to take it as a lesson learned.

32. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Power mad GM's....!

All the power yet none of the brians

:rant2:

33. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Where the monsters go, I follow! I guess I had better be prepared to be tossed in jail, account marked and banned! I'm sorry that happened to you guys. I wouldn't have even thought about it...I would have followed him right down the same hole he jumped in. How is that in any way, shape or form an exploit? I don't understand.

34. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The teleporters in my house are "broken" and I just got a canned response from this same GM. Here is my question: It says in his response that they have searched and comfirmed that my issue can be found by following http://support.ea.com THEN WHY THE HELL NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO? I just searched and I cannot find my issue so how did he find it? This GM needs to find a new job imo.

Edit...I found it finally

35. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

*forehead slap*

Technically it isnt a bug. It is the terrible way EA "fixed" the bridges and surrounding areas.

36. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

In my 12 year experience with GMs in UO its that most of them are incompetent, they dont seem to really care.
    Some GMs tho are very good and should get medals, but they are hugely outnumbered by the "robot GMs"

My two scents.

37. maroite

maroite Guest

15) You will not exploit any bug in the Ultima Online product or the Ultima Online Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through public posting) to any other user of the Ultima Online Service.

------------------------------------------------------

Questions for the OP:

A. Could Baracoon still hit you after dropping through the tile?

If yes, I fail to see how this is an exploit.

If no, then yeah, its an exploit.

On a side note, this "bug" and/or "exploit" has been widely spread on these forums and probably others, which in case means that we are all guilty of it IF it is an exploit.

It is sad that you got a warning on your account because the DEVS failed at doing their job TWICE in a row.

38. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

Put down the EA pompoms, stop drinking their Kool-Aid, and go back and re-read what the original poster said happened.

They did not EXPLOIT. They fell through a hole, following Baracoon. This means that they could have been killed by the monster.

If Mythic is unable or unwilling to fix something like that, that is, indeed, their own fault. In no way, shape, or form is that an exploit. If they were killing Barracoon without the ability to be hit, that's a complete and total difference. That was NOT the case as identified by the original poster.

And frankly, what else are you supposed to do? You spend that time working on the spawn and then the whole reason you do it falls down a hole? You better believe I'd have followed him down the hole, and been equally or more so upset at a warning for something Mythic HAS the ability to fix. I mean, how many times does it take to fix a bridge anyway? Fix it, walk back and forth over every tile (it's NOT a huge bridge anyway), and fix any errors. Test until finished. I could understand it happening the first fix, not the second.

That's still a load of crap.

All marks on your account are a big deal when a company will ban you for three completely unrelated marks.

Wow... talk about leaping to conclusions.

You know what? After a mark on my account, I'd say Mythic's already aware of the bug, and they can report it their damned selves.

Sorry... this didn't happen to me or involve me, but it's this kind of practice, particularly after, oh, I don't know, leaving the bag of sending trick wide open and available for exploit for WEEKS without ONE SINGLE BAN, and yet someone who did absolutely nothing outside of the context of the game, and certainly nothing that gave any kind of advantage (oh noes, Barracoon was trapped in a hole... hell, he usually stands around and waits to be killed anyway at every Ilshenar or Felucca spawn I've ever been at).

No, sorry, but in this case, you're WAY off base.

39. XLaCeDX

XLaCeDX Guest

If Baracoon could not get out of the hole then he was trapped. It is illegal to trap mobs in UO.

40. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If it can't be fixed take the sob out then! Marking ones account because they (Dev's) can't fix it correctly is a load of crap. 2 tries & still not fixed, bahh take it out til you can then or don't Mark accounts.

41. From what I read, Barracoon walked into the hole all by himself. He wasn't led there by anyone. Maybe they should have given Barracoon a mark on his account for trapping himself instead of the OP.

42. Appalled at EA

Appalled at EA Visitor

Lol, good laugh guys, if you don't agree with my original post then you (like the gm) have absolutely no idea about the game mechanics or felucca for that matter. It is apparent that some of you have no logic, and follow whatever a gm says - no matter how insane it is. Sounds like people agreeing with Germany over half a decade ago....

Atleast alot of you actually have some clue/idea about what happened here.

Quite frankly, getting a mark against my account for this is utterly ridiculous.

Here is a picture of my guildmates journal of the situation, the canned responses you see in this screenshot are a short snippet of the garbage he spewed to him.

[​IMG]

43. Splup

Splup Guest

You do realize that players have no power over coon's movement? Everytime you go to hit it with melee dexer that it has flagged on it moves randomly to some direction.

So no, it wasnt trapped by players, it trapped itself... That's not players fault.

44. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

I swear dude, you come up with some far fetched crap. Barracoon DOES NOT follow you...it has and always will do its own thing...especially if and when you put a pet onto it.

Word of advice...go back to the kids table and let the adults talk.

45. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

IF it's a bug, then according to article 15, some should be banned on this post, at one time they went to every forum they could find looking to ban pople for communicating about bugs. The fact that a Mod hasn't removed this post means they don't think it's a bug either?
    If they Know there is a problem, and don't release a public Warning statement, then it makes me think it's just a broken part of the game and not an account markable exploit.
    All they're doing here is finishing their rightful kill, IMHO.

46. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I noticed. As soon as i walked anywhere near him, he headed straight for the same spot every single time...

Terrible game mechanics

47. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

LOL, he ain't stupid! That's actually kinda funny, what an AI.

48. Llams Anit

Llams Anit Guest

49. deraiky

deraiky Guest

Lol fail

50. I've been saying this about the CoM bridge for years and years lol...

Seriously...it is something EA should move to fix immediately if they are going to call it an exploit. In addition, you shouldn't be posting how to do it on stratics, nor should you have named the Gamemaster who isn't here to defend himself/herself.

It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong intentionally (then again, most post like this don't), but a warning is insignificant as long as you don't repeat the action and your account is clean otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.