1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Despise Ephemeral Pieces/Suits

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Airhaun, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Airhaun

Airhaun Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

There are only few characters/templates I spend a lot of time on, I play multiple characters on multiple shards. I am interested in putting together a suit made up of mostly (if not all) ephemeral armor pieces. The idea being I won't be using this template all the time so the suit should last longer.

Has anybody fooled around with an ephemeral suit or pieces? I am interested in PvP purpose suits.

2. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I look at these 2-3 times a day to see what the wisp has, for PvP they are no use. Some parts are almost good enough but, on close inpection they lack in one area or another. It seams the devs made sure they were not PvP worthy

3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm working on a full plate suit with only pieces from the Wisps. Just need a bit of time to get all parts. :)

4. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

PvP suit? I have a few chars on Drach (and a castle) and i dont mean to offend you, but the level of player made suits on Drach for PvP leaves a lot to be disired. On a more populated PvP shard those ephemeral armor pieces will get you killed.

#4 Winker, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  5. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Yes, thats the plan. i want to see how it will work in the Arena and organize events in it. It just a idea i have in my head.

I'm no PvPer. Although years ago i did win a PvP tournament with a newbie character against hard core PvPers. Maybe i do have it in me ,somewhere. Maybe i just need that push. I always looking for new challenges and experiences and this could be another one.

6. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How often or in which interval do these items change?

7. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

im not sure when they change, but the items change 3-4 times a day

8. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

I think they change ones every UO day (2 hours) But i'm not sure about that.

Lord X likes this.
  9. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

What do you find is the best way to collect despise hearts? I'd like to equip my crafters (who rarely engage in aby combat) with these.

10. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

raise a beast to level 4/5 then conscript and you want to go alone if possible then kill all the beasts on the level I usually get 600-800 per run if alone and just ignore the bosses you dont want to fight them just get in and out as fast as you can kill em all and start over

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I have completed one suit already and starting on another

12. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Same, I usualy go for this early in the morning with bad Karma character.

13. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Did we ever get a solid definition of what constituted "combat"?

14. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

This surely is a damn interesting question.
    The only thing I can think of is the combat flag, which also prevents you from safely logging out. But this would mean, that each "combat" ends 1-2 minutes AFTER the kill...

15. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Why a negative karma char? The last time I brought my neg karma guy I killed everything on my way to the boss... Got there and was all alone. I did my best but was unable to kill the boss. I think I need to find a crowd to go with.

16. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Ive heard lots of other things can trigger the 'combat' timer, like crossing a server boundry with +stat items on... casting recall (or any spell)... the list goes on.

17. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I gave this a shot a few weeks back. When I was summoned to the level with the bosses on the island there were no other enemies on that level at all. Did I misunderstand the concept?

18. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

If i want to go alone to farm hearts, i use negative Karma character. Most people, for some strange reason, use positive karma characters. With bad karma is bigger chance to be alone. When i farm hearts i'm not interested in the Lord. :)

19. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

there should be enemies there in dungeon some where on ls they are mainly to the north some times several grouped . sometimes alone unless you are going through with others and they are getting them first I have not counted exactly but around 20

20. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

I just noted, that these items the wisp offers, just have 100 durability. Does that mean, that they just last 10 hours instead of the 25 as told by the devs?

21. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

YES

I have collected alot of the items to sell and for my tamer and mage as they are rarly flagged in combat my ring is down to 80 and thats doing despise for maybe 5 hours a day since the start. havent bothered with warrior or pvp items unless there seriously uber like 3000 points cost.

I usually go in with lvl one or 2 pet dolo or with groups to farm hearts and do the boss as there easy to alive with a tamer mage

Thunderz

22. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, the wisp items are only 10 hrs of combat time. But when the devs were talking about Ephermal, the 25 hrs you are talking about, is the Ephermal versions of the Covetous artifacts. The ones you buy off the chick in Cove are 255 durability thus 25 hours.