1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Detect Hidden] Detect on Production Shards

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by TheScoundrelRico, Nov 17, 2014.

1. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Aug 12, 2001
    Here's a question to those of you playing stealthers on the production shards...

What reveals you the most? As I understand it just walking past players with detect can do it, walking past highly intelligent monsters can and even players with elf characters?

How does the reveal spell work against stealthers on production shards.

Is 120 stealth still easy to be revealed on a production shard?

The main reason I ask is, on Siege as a stealther, it's almost impossible to reveal me. I laugh when I see the reveal spell cast because I know I almost never get found. We don't have passive detect and I would like to know what you have found to be the best way to evade the marks that really want to find you.

Do area damage pots kill you? This one I forget, I remember the area spells would take you down to almost 0 but never could kill you.

2. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Jan 9, 2009
    If I remember correctly all reveals check vs hiding skill not stealth skill.
    Stealth skill is checked on movement while hidden, or shadow strike or shadow jump. Basically a check to remain hidden while performing one of those actions.
    Not sure about Damage Revealing whether it checks stealth or hiding I'd have to go see if I ever looked at it and made notes.

Active Detect Hidden and Reveal Spell check vs the target hiding skill not the stealth skill.

I believe tracking also checks vs stealth rather than hiding.
    SpyderBite likes this.
  3. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Jun 30, 2008
    Logrus is correct. The check is against your hiding for any type of detection, magic or conventional.

However if I remember correctly (been a really long time since my prodo days), reveal spell simply grants a bigger radius and 100% reveal (for players, not objects, in Fel) detection if you're in the radius. I would test that one on TC1 unless somebody else knows for sure.