1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Determining imbuing order, and don't forget to powder!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Astrel, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Astrel

Astrel Guest

Interestingly, you can add finishing touches to your imbued items, a few percent extra here and there, as you can imbue your stuff ten times.

I just made a working weapon for the 'Discarded' spawn, a repond slayer vike.

Repond Slayer
    HLL 66%
    HSL 44%
    SSI 25%
    DI 45%

The main concern is that you do the most expensive imbues first so that you don't fail. Then, at the end you can add the finishing touches on imbues that only use residue and gems, even at low % chances.

This weapon only used extra ingredients (goblin blood) on the slayer property, the rest were all regular ones.

Don't forget to powder you base weapon up to 255 before you begin.

Note: intensity on this weapon is 495.
  2. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 12, 2008
    You can imbue stuff more than 10 times though. Just with a decreased chance of skill gain.
  3. EvilIan

EvilIan Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 7, 2004
    Just a little hint, I would suggest using a low level runic to craft normal material (iron / regular wood) weapons until you get one that is exceptional and Repond Slayer. Drop the Damage Increase to 1% and go about your imbuing as you would have. Saves 5 relic fragments...
  4. Astrel

Astrel Guest

The problem with using runics as opposed to just making an exceptional base weapon is that more often than not they come with a mixture of damage types, e.g. phys, fire, energy, and this counts as a property, so you can only imbue 4 times on top of this.

Using a base exceptional weapon on the other hand, the damage is 100% physical, which does not count as a property, and you can then imbue it 5 times.

If you use Chiv then you don't need varied damage types as 'consecrate weapon' converts the weapon to the ideal damage type for a particular critter.

The mention of lowering an existing property to increase the chances of other more expensive (in terms of ingredients) properties, however, is an interesting tactic.
  5. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed

Jun 27, 2003
    I've been burning oak fletching kits as they can make a exp balanced wep which can then go through the normal route. Only big risk is do you enhance it after for the 10% SSI? 29% Hit Vel, 44 Hit Lighting, balanced and 25 SSI, 40 DI without a special item other then some relics.
  6. RichDC

RichDC Guest

7. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 14, 2007
    i got to the point to where i stoppeed powdering up stuff.. its easier to go out and make new stuff, then to find pof.

they really need to change the way you craft things.. gm made stuff should start with 150 durability.. this would make things alot better.. i can loot stuff with higher durability and imbue it.
  8. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Jul 11, 2004
    looted stuff has a lower total intensity max than exceptional items I'm pretty sure, so by imbuing an exceptional crafted item you end up with a better item than if you imbued a looted item, that's the only snag there