1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dev´s what about a insured back in backpack?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Der Rock, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

maybe it is because i am german, but i love to have arrangement :)

what about a special insurable bag for the backpack,sometimes it is realy annoying
    i ask only for a injureable bag, nothing else,all things inside the back should act like they ever did,
    nobody should be astonied if they cant loot or steal a simple 5 gold bag, not a pvp player nor a monster that can loot.

2. Raider Red

Raider Red Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Thats a good Idea,but maybe make it limiited to what it can hold say like 80 of each reg,25 bandadages,ect. so the pvp'ers won't whine about it being not fair.

I can't see how it would affect pvp anyways for one there no pvp left in UO only ganking zergs and second any halfway decent pvp'er would have a 100 lrc suit on their mage anyways.But this would help out those who can't afford a high resist lrc suit to stay in the battle area a little longer.

3. Fink

Fink Guest

I like to keep things tidy, too.

I'm loathe to use Sacrifice self-res because of the mess it makes of my inventory. I figure if a normal res doesn't scatter your items all over, a self-res shouldn't have to either.

Another irritating thing is blessed clothing & armour doesn't seem to want to re-equip itself when you auto-loot your corpse.

Some way of keeping your backpack tidy without making bagged lumps of equipment that (pc/npc) looters can't easily grab would be nice. To stop monsters looting my corpse I usually carry a clockwork assembly (they loot that first) until I need more room in my pack, then I dump it.

4. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Or just eliminate insurance altogether...la

5. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

Am I the only one who feels like the antiquated Insurance/Blessed/Cursed system needs a complete overhaul?

I was helping a new player get into the game and it was a huge PITA for them.

6. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

yes, its annoying, all this injured and blessed crap
    better they had cut the monster loot gold by half,to reduce gold on shard
    let the items alone,and basta, NO losing or stealing of items(same as in all other major mmo´s)

oh just a second, injurence is a super special UO hyper idia LOL
    how many player quit because of injurens bug?????
    i never heard something like that from WoW player

7. Divster

Divster Guest

I think you've missed his point he only wants the bag itself to be insured , not the contents. Personally I would love this as I too like to organise things in my pack and hate having to constantly get new bags hehe

8. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

I agree. For Trammel, at least, I say bite the bullet and ditch the whole system. Just make all items stay with the character.

UO is so far gone from the "full corpse looting" days... it dumb to hang on to this bandaid fix to an ancient system instead of just revamping the whole thing.

9. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

he's not talking about everything in the bag being insured, he just wants a bag that's always there for organization.

10. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

correct

11. HeathBar

HeathBar Guest

I'd rather have devs fix current bugs and work on new event content then create an insurable bag.

12. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yep. Scares people away.

It's like the red/blue/grey system....outdated.

13. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

They need a blessed rune book bag or a box that all the many rune books can be put in and not tossed all over in your backpack, which upon res'ing half of your $h!+ is under them. talk about annoying (yes I know Self dress, but HOW MANY items are F'd up in that they won't re-equip through UOA. How many times I get the stupid msg on that.

14. I'm with Rico.

Bring back item bless deeds (extremely rare to get.) If your item or your clothing isn't blessed, it should be lootable/stealable.

I would like to see them bring back body looting as well. Once you go to bones you're lootable. What a waste of stuff right now. Someone can't get to their body, it all decays.

15. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

I like the idea of an insurable backpack would even be better if it was blessed so sounds good to me.

16. HeathBar

HeathBar Guest

Sounds like you should just play on SP.