1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dev communication?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by 5% Luck, Apr 20, 2011.

1. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

Now Ive been gone for a while but I remember the 5 on friday. Maybe I missed it but I didnt se any mention of it here on stratics since Ive been back. I always thought it was one of the best parts of UO even going so far as to suggest it to every other game devs I have had the chance to speak to. Id hate to think I ground up post counts in other forums splaying lies or folk lore from a time past!

Am I missing it or should I "be missing" it?

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

3. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Just have exceptionally low expectations of having anything answered, as its been 3 months since a Dev bothered to post there.

4. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I used to urge them to communicate more.

Then I kind of wondered if minimal communication wasn't actually the way to go, as they seem to hurt themselves when they communicate. While I'm the last one to say there's no problems of substance in UO, the substance is really a lot better than the style.

So unless they can hire a full-time community person who can really get to know us and our concerns and can really express themselves well and can really tie the other team members' work into a coherent framework?

Maybe minimal communication's better.

-Galen's player

5. Calliope

Calliope Guest

*Misses Wilkie.*

6. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

Was there an announcement? An officially stated reason? The people behind it move or? I mean I even tried mortal online where there was IRC chat with the devs every night and I still found the 5 on friday to be better. It was ... predictable. I knew where to go and when. It was fun!

What a Loss:wall:

7. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

The announcement and explanations was as follows:

8. canary

canary Guest

You will notice that the most missed dev members are usually also the ones who made the actual attempt to forge relationships on here and seemed to take an interest in building a dialogue with the community and assisting on getting SOME sort of information out.

9. Lord Essex

Lord Essex Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

They need to create a position on the level of a EM. That person talks w/ the devs once-twice a week by thur and writes up a lil tid bit about whats ongoing/coming up. Same person can have a forum where we the players post questions and ideas and ask the dev's and get some responses.. aka Player Run FoF.. Just my two cents..

Respectfully,
    Essex