1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dev Contact

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mirt, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It seems like just a few days ago (Thursday) all we were asking for is some communication between the devs and us. Now it seems like they are answering things proactively. I have to wonder if our complaining actually got them in here. If it did... Well thank you Dev Team (Lorgus) and Mesanna for answering our questions as you can. Its nice not only seeing new things but hearing from you. Thank you.

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is how it usually goes When they release something new we hear from them for a while and they check to see what we think and take feedback.. then they go back to work and we dont hear much from them!

Not saying maybe something has changed that remains to be seen but when they can they usually post as long as the natives do not become hostile!

3. with the weight of updates were getting from this upcoming patch, a shard of the dead, an arena shard, and a new loot system, i'd say they were pretty busy for this past month. i do agree, communication is key, but when they are producing the amount of material we're getting, i'm personally happy.

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

We need one of these:
    [​IMG]

5. KingHen

KingHen Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Communication is always good. Having constant communication is difficult to maintain and can provide mixed results. If there is nothing to share, there isn't a reason to talk much.

That being said, an occasional hello would go a long way in calming any possible storms.

6. Ned888

Ned888 Seasoned Veteran

Stopping by with a witty one liner or even a hint of a clue of what they are working on to keep conversation positive would do heaps of good for the community.

I know that they have their heads down and are plugging away in between releases, but c'mon now. A little bit goes a long way towards improving the positive nature of the posts and also allowing us to speculate and have fun throwing ideas out about the potential of upcoming things.

Radio silence breeds discontent as we can all see from last week and the week before.....

7. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I am sorry I am too vague. I was hoping we would all give them a thank you carrot for their communication so they might keep doing it. I know its a bit simplistic, but I find people generally do respond better to thank yous. I know I do. So I wanted to give one. I think we all agree how important their communication is.

8. Ned888

Ned888 Seasoned Veteran

I already gave a bunch of 'thank yous' and 'atta boys'. Now I'm just agreeing with your point and offering my perspective on why it's a good thing.

Thanks again to the Dev team, we love hearing from you! 'Atta Boy! ;)

9. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you Ned.:bowdown:

10. Njjj

Njjj Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'll add a thank you. I like the changes.

11. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Publish 72 seems like it will have been worth the wait and in some ways, worth the silence considering how big it is and the quality of the changes. Quite frankly, the last time we had a Publish this big, they charged us $15 for it.

That being said, while the surprise was big in itself (actually, I almost expected another round of stuff today), hopefully dev silence will be less intrusive going forward.

12. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you for everyone jumping on the thank you band wagon. I agree I hope we hear more from them. Even if all we can say is keep pushing for these things someday your bosses will give you the resources necessary. I think right now its everyone against everyone. I think we could do better if we could all somehow form a semi combined front.

13. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Communication since the Pub 73 announcement has been good. It needs to continue from here. A backslide would not help matters.

A really long and boring movie thats nowhere near as good as the book?

14. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

No, I think Flutter meant we need a Jodie Foster. I've had a crush on her since Freaky Friday back in the 70's. Good call Flutter.