1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dev request

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kat, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

It should be no secret that we are a bunch of old-asses playing this game now and some of us have a little trouble seeing in our old age. Can you make the journal background either lighter or darker? I can't seem to find a good color where I can read it both in the game window AND on journal, when I need to take a second look.

Red works pretty well, but that is the color I use for my in game speech. Would really appreciate a new background color for the journal or perhaps a selection of colors we could choose from. IE black, white, grey, brown.

SoftServeDreams likes this.
  2. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

If you set the brightness all the way up when you select your text color you will get some good results with both chatline and journal readability. Play around with the colors and see what works best!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lord Frodo likes this.
  3. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I worked with the brightness quite a bit this afternoon and I couldn't find anything bright that works well with the background of the journal. Light colors are difficult to read on the light journal background. Dark colors work well for the journal, but not so much in game, especially when in or around dark walls, dungeons, Umbra, etc. I appreciate the suggestion, though!

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I hate to break it to you there Kyronix but I can't really read that in the journal at all...

I complained about this for years... then I switched to the EC..... now I don't care anymore.

I tried to get Draconi to change the default color of the Emote since it's exactly the same color as the journal... and totally unreadable... he said he'd look into it.... never happened. And that yellow color is just as nasty. If the journal were a couple shades darker it would certainly help.

And I think everyone would be happy too if you lightened the color of the backpack by a couple of shades too.

5. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Allow CC users to "dye" their journals whatever color they want, since only they can see it. Applying a color mask to a gump shouldn't be that difficult.

MalagAste likes this.
  6. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've had the same trouble for years. When at the evening bank meeting on Europa these days it is more noticeable because different chars are using different colours. Some chat I can see fine in game but almost unreadable in the journal and vice versa. Some work in this area would not go amiss.

Kat likes this.
  7. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

#uoproblems

Conleth likes this.
  8. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

UOA does let you force all text to be one colour.

Bobar likes this.
  9. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

I use red. It's still works for me :p

10. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

the problem isn't my text color because i know what i'm typing (not to mention i've changed the color so it's readable in both the journal and game window). the problem is other people's text color (which i can't change). i'd venture to say at least 50% of the players use the default color yellow which is barely readable in the journal.

the best setting i've found is white/gray. the text shows up white on the game screen and is readable against most (not all) backgrounds and it shows up gray in the journal.

upload_2015-9-18_10-41-42.png

Stubentiger likes this.
  11. Capt. Lucky

Regardless on what color
    I must not be following cause anyone's journal text comes up red in my journal. It's in options under the eyeball looking thing. Cause God knows you wouldn't put it under chat options ;)

Conleth and Kat like this.
  12. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

It does indeed - thank you for that. everyone's text in my journal is now blue and readable

Vor and Storm like this.
  13. Capt. Lucky

Don't need UOA for that. See my other post. I have UOA but don't run it all that much.

14. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I think I will give this a shot. I use red for my text, but was hesitant about using it for everyone because I thought It might confuse me as to who was saying what.

15. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Conleth, Kat and Vor like this.
  16. Lord Arm

Lord Arm Seasoned Veteran

Im half blind too, can u make the journal font larger?

Kat and Tanivar like this.