1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Developer Blog] Calling All Podcasters!

Discussion in 'EVE News' started by EVE News, May 4, 2011.

1. EVE News

EVE News RSS Feed
    RSS Feed

Apr 12, 2011

As those of you who follow me on Twitter know, I’ve been working on a wee project: a new podcast. I’ve been fairly mum about the nature of this podcast, but I am prepared to tell you today exactly what that project is, and how you can help.

Have a listen…

[​IMG] | Time: 00:01:16 | Direct download

Now, I know some of you have a few questions, and I’d like to answer them in this blog:

• Yes, I am a female. It’s okay to be shocked. I usually am about it, too.
    • Yes, this podcast is a recapitulation of amazing moments from amazing podcasts created by EVE Online players.
    • Yes, I’d love to hear from podcasters and podcast listeners.
    • Yes, I really would love to have 15 second-long recruitment audio clips.
    If you are a podcaster, podcast listener, or are recruiting, send me an email at [email protected]. For those of you who are notifying me about podcasts, I’ll need the following information:

• The name and URL of the podcast.
    • The specific time of the clip you would like me to review. If there are multiple segments, be sure to include that information as well.
    • Any other information you’d like me to be aware of is welcomed as well.
    If you would like to send a recruitment advertisement:

• Use the mp3 format only.
    • You can email me the file, but be advised that it’s much, much better to have it hosted somewhere that I can download from.
    • Please, no huge files. Bandwidth hogs are bandwidth hogs, and if I have to lessen the quality of your clip to make sure the podcast isn’t a behemoth, your clip might sound like tinny poo.
    We aim to do the podcast once a month, so I will make periodic calls for content from podcasters, fans, and recruiters.

Some other random information of interest to you concerning the podcast:

• You will be able to subscribe from iTunes once the podcast has been released and after iTunes approves it for inclusion in its directory.
    • An RSS feed will be made available for you to subscribe to once the first official podcast has been published.
    • I’m using Audacity to record and edit the podcast, and a Samson C01U USB condenser mic.
    I’m definitely looking forward to listening, and hope you are looking forward to the new podcast as well.

Fly safely, and keep your ears open!

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!