1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Devs are there any plans on putting any more improvements into the 2D client ever?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by BadManiac, Mar 26, 2008.

1. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

Will you ever put any more work into 2D or will all new features go into KR?

I would love sticky spell icons, and to finally have fixed, fully functioning healthbars in 2D for example.

Party's and pet healthbars do weird things. Being in a party that gets dropped, for example at peerless hunts, will close my own main status bar, why?

And pet bars, I can drag someone elses mountable pet healthbar, and it remains on screen greyed out even when they mount the pet. Or if I drag the healthbar of a monster, it stays on screen greyed out even when the monster DIES!
    But my own pet's healthbar vanishes as soon as I mount the pet. Why?

These are some of the age old issues with 2D, I'm sure there are more. Will we ever se them fixed?
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Pretty sure it's on a list somewhere:

3. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

Well, if we'll all have to wait until they fix KR before we get 2D sorted I'm afraid we're in for a long wait.. I just wanted to know if there are ANY plans at all to put any more work into the 2D client.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

I've not looked back, so I could be wrong, but I think I read that they were concentrating on server side stuff atm, which obviously affects both clients?
  5. Stigmatas

Stigmatas Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 23, 2002

angelus aconitum Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 10, 2003
    Yesterday I sent in some bug reports about bug in 2d, like the roads which have only one sort of tile all over the place and many other things.
    And I sent them a negative feedback through the feedback report tool on the uo site, saying that they should rather care more about the 2d client and fix more things in 2d than only focussing on KR. Maybe they will read it and maybe they will even think about it ..... maybe not.
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

I logged into Kingdom Reborn a couple days ago with full intentions to try and see how it works in PVP. The answer is it just doesn't and I never even got that far. The movement is so choppy and no ability to add self/last targeting to the mouse wheel. Plus it was just an exorcise in carpo-tunnel to setup 20 hotkeys for my spells. You have to select the spell icon and set the spell name, 3 times the work. That should be the new motto for KR. More work for less return.
  8. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

I think the majority still agrees that KR really didn't live up to our expectations. But the devs haven't been updating KR much lately either. I am just curious what their current plans are for 2D, knowing that they had originally hoped we would all switch over to KR so they could drop 2D by now.

Will 2D get more updates such as the ones I mentioned, as well as the many others that players have asked for?