1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Devs are you going to change the housing tiles color back ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by olduofan, Oct 9, 2009.

1. olduofan

olduofan Guest

the new hue is UGLY UGLY UGLY was this a mistake in the last patch ? :thumbdown:

2. housing tiles? What one's did they change?

3. olduofan

olduofan Guest

ill up load a pic in a few it was the new garg greyish/brown tile now its a ugly golden/ahh its just ugly

4. skell454

skell454 Guest

I thought i was the only one to notice this change too. Sutek's place is now all bright and shiny gold. I wonder why they completely switched out the ruined walls or was this a mistake?

5. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The new ruined walls are god aweful. I had built a house using them, and I logged on after the patch to see the mess. Looks stupid.

6. :postpics:

Pics please! I'm not sure what has changed.

7. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It looks right in the areas its used in the Abyss... remember the tiles are for game use first and player use second.

8. skell454

skell454 Guest

Took awhile to find my old building pics but here is the old vs. the new.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    That's the original wall graphics.

[​IMG]
    These are the new wall graphics.

9. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

*get's out the sunglasses* That is horrid!

10. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

*in best munchkin voice*

Follow the yellow brick....

walls?

11. OH... YEAH... Hmm... I was just going to say you all are over-reacting about this "minor" change...

:eek:Umm... YECH!

12. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

*snickers*

We Represent the Lollipop Guild... (thanks now I have little people tunes stuck in my head!)

Oh and the color is awful! I assume this is the same issue with polar bear mounts?

13. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Once again, they look good in the area they're used. If that means they look ugly as house tiles oh well.

14. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

it appears that it's not only the color that's changed? (which is, yeah, not nearly as appealing as the original color) it looks like the shape of the walls and building components have altered as well? they don't look as intricate as the original

15. Masuri

Masuri Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That's a crappy attitude. Housing is as much a part of the game as anything else. In fact, I suspect players are more particular about their housing tiles than about the cities and dungeons, so one might argue that this is MORE important.

It wouldn't take much effort on their part to simply re-add the old walls as a new housing tile set, so we have access to both. Choices are always good.

16. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Dare I say that it appears some of the most visually unappealing art from KR has made its way into the 2d client?

When I said I wanted to be able to toggle the KR art for the EC this was not the set I was hoping to start with.

17. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

:thumbup:
    That particular forum user, in my opinion, seems to always have a crappy attitude. I have them on ignore and I have never once had a conversation with them in game or out.

More to the point you were making you are absolutely correct, housing is a major part of this game. One only need look at the number of posts over the current issue with deeded add ons and goza mats.

The suggestion you make in your second paragraph is a fine solution and one NO ONE should take issue with.

Kudos to you! :thumbup: