1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

DEV's Can we please Fix the Looting in the EC SOON

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by MalagAste, Dec 13, 2011.

1. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Ok... I hate to say this but I'm just about done trying to participate in EM events. (Which is actually one of the main reasons I still play UO. Without EM events I think I'd have quit 2 years ago.)

They finally fixed the Nova Blast BS so I don't get totally crashed every time one of the mobs uses that ...

But in the meantime they've now broken looting.

I now can't loot anything without totally locking up my PC for 2 minutes... meanwhile anything of use on the corpse is completely picked clean by the time I FINALLY get the thing open.

And in all that time trying to loot things everyone else has moved on and I haven't a clue wtf is going on because I've been locked up for a long time.

I finally said to heck with it tonight and just logged out...

What's the point of attending if you don't know what's happening and you can't loot anything?????

No chance of getting anything good or being able to pick up one of the rare drops if you can't loot.

I think it stinks and needs fixed ASAP.

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

have you tried with a blank profile?

3. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

What would I go to an EM event with a Blank Profile for????

Everytime I try to open a corpse after it's gone public especially corpses of things with a TON of items on them it totally locks up the client.

I play with your UI Pinco.... and a grid backpack.

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have found if you have sort loot turned on it slows me down a lot...

5. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

just try gradually with little creatures (like mongbats) and wait until they go public...

6. MalagAste

I have the sort turned off.... got too annoying having stuff jumping all over the place while I'm trying to loot.

But it does it whenever I open a public corpse with more than say 40 items on it.

Especially when it has 60+ items...