1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

DEVs, can we please get a use for Order of Dragonfish "rare" Books ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Nov 27, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Dear Developers,

most fishermen by now have their good share of these "rare" books which are, as of now, totally useless and only a waste of the fish, crabs and lobsters used with the order.

Since Mark_of_Mithic mentioned that you are working on a good use for regular crabs and lobsters, can you please also work on some good use for these books, of course comparable to their different rarity ?

Thank you very much.

2. SashaSeeks

SashaSeeks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I have well over 40 books, lost count. Don't know if I should throw em away or keep em. My hubby has just as many or more.

3. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

Make a pile of them and throw a conflagration pot. Books make people unsociable anyway.

:D

4. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Oh and change the "rare" to "uncommon" for future reference as a rare is called a rare because its rare.

5. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

These days I drop them on the docks where I get them, then I figure the reward from the quest is "gaining (or 'not losing') reputation" and move on to the next one.

6. BluDjinn

BluDjinn Journeyman

1. I think it is part of a quest chain.

1. Collect and read all 4 books

2. Do 212 fishmonger quest.

3. cross fingers on both hands.

4 shut one eye

And on turning in the 213th quest
    ( which will be a 6 line 20 ea. all crab or lobsters)

You will receive a105 power scroll .

Oh yea, you need to be at least 101 fishing skill for this to work.
    :lick:

7. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

While your demands may be valid, please Popps think about this one time:

If the developers would listen to all your demands, they would have no time actually fixing and enhancing the important issues of this game.

8. Rumil of Lorain

Rumil of Lorain Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The books are one of the things I would like for my library if any of you are on Legends I would gladly take them off your hands

9. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mark_of_Mythic mentioned that they were working or wanted to work on making a few uses possible for regular crabs and lobsters.
    Now, while they are at it, if they can allocate time to that,since they are on that particular issue, why not also do it for these useless books ??

I do not see the point to address something only partially. Much better, IMHO, to address it completely and leave it behind rather than leave the issue with unresolved problems, still.