1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Devs-commodity deed for supplies plz

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lythos-, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I donno if it's been mentioned before or not but making potions/apples/smoke bombs/bolas able to be put into a commodity deed sure would make my life and vendor sales easier.

2. altarego

altarego Guest

Potions have kegs, do they not?

3. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Anything that is stackable should be considered a commodity and be able to use a commodity deed on it.

4. Nails

Nails Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Potions certainly do have kegs but they are a complete hassle. Stacking was an excellent addition to pots. Comm. deeds would be great. Even on switches and bark fragments too. Anything stackable is a great idea. It is interesting how some resources are chosen and others not.

5. altarego

altarego Guest

Really? You want to make commodity deeds for ore? Sacks of flour? Limes? Bolts of cloth?

Maybe I should clarify by pointing out something that should be obvious. Some tasks/interactions in UO were meant to be a bit more complicated so that they facilitate a modicum of effort and activity with other players. They also provide variety of ways to interact with the commodities themselves (e.g. spinning -> weaving -> cutting -> healing).

The last thing I want to see are vendors with nothing more than bags full of green labels and houses stacked with the same. The only things that should have commodity deeds are items that would otherwise be unwieldy to perform reasonable transactions for with both gold and carrying the bulk of the item.

"Yes sir, I need sixty thousand limes, I'm making margaritas for the shard..."

6. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

bolts of cloth are really heavy and should be purchased straight in deed form :(

as well as anything else heavy, like blank scrolls.. i dont know how many times i got swiped by purchasing 999 scrolls and have them drop to the ground and picked up by someone else before i could get them..