1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Devs could you please fix water troughs?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jirel of Joiry, May 14, 2009.

1. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I see them stuck in the air after idocs, and if you click on them it says you need an axe to destroy it. However if you try to destroy it with an axe it says you need to be in your house to do that. :p

I found a castle size spot but can't place cause of the water trough in space anging there.

2. Zodia

Zodia Guest

Someone told me that you can page a GM and ask them to remove them, but that it's sorta hit-or-miss because some GMs will tell you no and some will say yes.

3. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yeah, I've gotten the canned message they're not Allow to move items. I dunno. Its a glitch cause used to you could just hit em with a axe and they'd redeed.

4. Zodia

Zodia Guest

yeah, it's definetly something the Devs need to fix or just make it a firm policy that GMs can nuke em.

5. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

They have come to move leftover bar keeps, they are in the same category as items left & bugged. I'd just page again & fully explain problem that it is a bug item & it is a left over item from a house fall & needs to be moved to place another home.
    Could always place a keep & put trough in the open area for time being (mark rune next to trough, recall in & destroy it once keep is up), then go into resize house size & place the castle. ;)

6. UltimatePower

UltimatePower Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Water Troughs do not block house placement. They will dispear when you try to place, must be something else blocking you from placing a castle.

7. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Operator error...la

8. kittykat

kittykat Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

they seem kinda fussy about blocking/not blocking. I had a spot i couldn't place in till i did a house that covered the full area the trough was in (i was just going for a certain size and it was only catching part of the trough *i think*).

9. Aboo

Aboo Guest

Not sure about trying to place a castle, but I found a spot next to one of my houses where the house decayed and all that was left was the water trough. My first attempt to place a house caused the water trough to go poof. Of course I was attempting to place a much smaller house than a castle (15 x 18 eventually fit there).

Have you tried placing a smaller house first?

10. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Place a small plot beneath the trough, axe it, then resize the plot to a castle :)

11. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

You know I placed a house the other day that had left a vendor hanging around ... at first the vendor moved out from under the house... to under the house sign... not the vendor is ON my property.... odd behavior... and it's NOT my vendor... not sure now what to do with it or if I can access it...

12. Orthus

Orthus Guest

Same thing with parrots. I placed after an IDOC and had a dozen or so parrots move to under the house sign. They eventually disappeared, but it took a few days.

13. Spelosty

Spelosty Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I seem to remember returning to an Idoc with an axe and successfully axing a left over water trough one time...

14. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

Actually, I've found that it's not even necessary to axe it, more often than not. Usually, when I test-place, the trough vanishes when the plot appears.