1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Devs/former Devs/UO formula junkies... Swing Speed vs Stamina

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Merus, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Aug 10, 2010
    Backstory.... Ok, so I haven't played a melee dexxer in PvP since before my 7 year break (back in 2002). Even back then it was mostly Mage PvP for me. Back in the days of the naked hally mages I remember a change to the point in the swing at which the weapon would actually hit got tweaked.

My question is whether that was/is still in effect and if so how is it calculated. Will the high stam person always connect first regardless of actual swing speed of the weapon/ssi/stam? For example two players: Player 1 has low dex with a very fast weapon and maxed out SSI to reach 1.25. Player two has very high dex but a very slow weapon with no SSI. I'm not worried about subsequent hits, just the first swing.

Edit: the initial change I was thinking of was publish 5.
    #1 Merus, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014