1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Devs, Helping Us "Like" Gargoyles

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Harb, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Harb

Harb Guest

So OK, throwing gargoyles will take a bit of study/ review on your end as we don't have the "hard" data to help make fair/ balanced recommendations. DCI penalties definitely seem excessive and the parry negation really needs to go away. Beyond that it's tough to say with any legitimacy.

That said, an easy to implement change/ addition would be allowing us to imbue the gargoyle robes with jewelry properties. It would save a lot of "balance" additions on your end to help with race disparities with quivers, robes, and of course the crimson. Anyways, a recommendation :).
  2. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

That'd be (partially) incorrect: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=152525
  3. Harb

Harb Guest

Thanks for the link Miner, good data on what is included! You're correct also by indicating it is partial data, the actual DCI penalty isn't there (though the parry effect is), and I didn't note anywhere that the negation of the ability to parry was ever discussed, causing me to believe it may not be intended. A very, very good read though. Shows a couple things clearly, the beta testers were actively pursuing issues, dev was actively attempting to respond, and most notably, dev knew there were issues ahead of time with how well throwing would be embraced. The latter piece of that concerns me a little. Again, thanks for the link. Do you know if the negation of the ability to parry (even @ 120) is intended or accidental?
  4. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

You're supposed to be able to parry with throwing and a shield.
  5. Harb

Harb Guest

Oops. You can't.
  6. Harb

Harb Guest

Without dev comment, it seems the parry negation might probably be a bug. I'd still really like to know what the actual DCI penalty is, and continue to suspect it needs to be lessened barring further information.

I'm surprised nobody has a comment on imbuable robes for gargoyles, either way or the other!