1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Devs: Imbuing - allow Buyer/Owner control in using PoF.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RavenWinterHawk, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Having to powder of fortify you weapon before imbuing makes crafting and imbuing a lose lose situation. Here is why...

Not everyone wants the uber imbued weapon. To PoF a weapon it might cost you (if buying 175k to 300k in PoF) depending how many charges you want.

Well believe it or not some players like imbued slayers or imbued hit area effect or specialty items. They dont want to have to pay 175k to 300k base of PoF. They just might need the item for an event or now and again.

If we JUST imbue and craft the specialty item it might cost little in way of items. We might make a spider slayer with hit fire and hit area fire or something. We can put it out for 75k or 100k.

But CURRENTLY we have to PoF these weapons prior to imbuing so your starting off with a price tag of 175k to 300k just to recoop cost in PoF.

This logic makes imbuing fun or specialty stuff to sell... very difficult.

Could you create a way that PoF is a one shot deal to 255 on crafter or owners end?

Here is what I suggest.

Right now maximum durability is 255. Take weapon durability and subtract it from 255 and divide by 10. Give the imbued items X amount of potential charges of PoF. It would show on the weapon as a number 0 (none left) to whatever.

Say my shadow weapon has a craft of 75 durability.
    I imbue it to make a specialty slayer.
    (255-75)/10=18

The weapon now reads IMBUED 18.
    That means the owners know they have 18 charges of PoF to use on it.
    After on use of 10 it would read IMBUED 17. Yes you still need the PoF in your bag to use it.

You never exceed 255 but allow the owner to regulate the use of PoF rather then having to PoF it prior to imbuing and start the price of the item at PLUS 175k to 300k just for to PoFing.

Just a thought.

2. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Your suggestion sounds quite complicated. I think it makes sense that items have to be powdered before imbuing (although we don't like it). Your suggestion sounds difficult to implement.

If you want to save PoF, why don't you enhance the weapon with Dull Copper after imbuing? Saves you a lot of gold.

3. kinney42

kinney42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

The chance to successfully enhance an item is way to low. I know it's meant to be low but I still consider it Broken.

4. Thadagaron

Thadagaron Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Whilst i can understand your pain having imbued items myself.

This need has given smiths a value in the game at last, apart from going for the holy grail of valo hammers.

Now smiths can at least do pof aswell and get a return decent return for their work on doing lots of bods.

5. Green Mouser

Green Mouser Guest

Agreed

Plus Enhancing is one of those "YEAH!" moments. Lets not wipe out all the challenges in this game. I hate the cost of PoF but I enjoy a challenge also.

6. Well think of it this way. Smiths would have more opportunity beyond PoF.

They could craft, imbue and sell the weapon.

And sell PoF to the purchaser.

I think in a way it limits the smith by having to dump 255 durability worth on the weapon and then hope it sells at 200 or 300k.

I think we are shooting ourselves in the foot.

Less you just want to sell PoF.

Just a thought.

7. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I dont like this idea .... Too many uber armours will come around. Right now there is really a risk, if you dont start with special material and imbue first. 140 luck for example .... the amrket probably would be flooded with them, if you allow using pof after the imbuing attempts.

8. I have to agree with the OP in some respects.

I think that imbued items should allow themselves to be PoF'd up to 255 ONE TIME. And after that, they could not be PoF'd any more.

This is mostly for armor of course, weapons arent too horrible unless you're talking wooden ones.

For the metal weapons I make, I just enhance with dull copper. It works alot more often than others, and saves on pof.

9. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Perhaps make it so relic fragments are easier to get and other consumables that are used for imbuing. Then increase the natural durability of crafted items to say 80 to 100. The idea of making the consumables easy to get would make it so you could easily make that said weapon and use it and discard it. Some of the consumables I would say stay the same, ones that are used for weapons and slayers should be easier compared to armor because weapons generally damage faster then armor. Just a simpler Idea compared to all that math your suggesting. Things like white pearls that are used for slayers should be more common.

10. Coragin

Coragin Guest

Why not just have an imbued item jump to 255 durability? Then its done.

At very least add pof to tailor bods!

11. Anakena

Anakena Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

There are various ways to avoid having to use PoF.

First you can simply buy a dull copper runic and craft a bunch of the desired weapon. Some of them will come with high durability (I even get sometimes weapons with 255 durability).

You can also enhance them with dull copper ingots. This will double their durability at the risk of breaking the item. But from my experience, if you are Legendary smith, gargoyle and use an ASH, most probably you won't break the item.

12. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Easy balance. Make is so when you imbue armor and weapons the durability is set to 100 or maybe 150 like jewels get set at 255 automatically. It would only reset the durability if it's currently lower than whatever amount to be set at.

This way there is still some room, if you choose, to PoF it up to 255 before imbuing and it will keep it's 255 durability.

I'm a smith and I turn in BODs so I do have a lot of PoF and I do sell some of it. I've never sold PoF for more than 100k so I am not charging the exorbitant prices some are.

As a smith I do make some profit from selling PoF. As a crafter I'd be just fine with 100-150 durability on a lot of what I craft & imbue for myself.

13. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Iv thought about this one alot BUT

The problem is..... Iv just used over 300 POF [plus other imbuing resources] to get 3 items with 255/255 that have 7 MODS and over 50 resists by making/imbuing/enhancing.

With a fail rate of 95%. Thus i could of made for instance my wooded arms with 7 mods - 8SI 8MI 2MR 3SR 8LMC 5HCI + 50 RESISTS for next to NOTHING..

But what you propose is we can make 140 luck 20 lrc/ 7 mods 50 resists without the cost of 300k per item for the POF, this would mean that for the 5% you make you would save 28'500'000gp on NOT HAVING to POF the items before you imbue and enhance them!!!!?

This goes against the whole reason of imbuing [to bring gold and business back to the crafters pockets]

Thunderz

14. Gowron

Gowron Guest

Actually, I'm fine with the imbuing system and not allowing a POF after imbuing as it is.

However, your arguement is flawed from the beginning. Nobody has said that you "had" to POF an item up before you imbue, though I will yield that it is highly recommended. If you want to keep costs down, then imbue it as you see fit, get the uses of it as long as it will last, and then imbue another one when it finally breaks.

15. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

DEV's give you the ability to make amazing gear you couldn't a year ago, and you STILL *****. Quit being such a bunch of damn cry babies, and leave it the way it is. There needs to be SOME risk in this game.

16. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

/Agree

If you want Sick armour then you have to take the backlash that comes with it 95% fail rate = 1 item costing 30mill and it will break one day!

I love this new system as my crafter is out there making/imbuing/trading where before he just sat at home making items for me..

:)

Thunderz

17. Guys Im not talking about sick armour.

Reread my post.

specialty weapons. But as 1 person said, you dont have to PoF it to 255.

Im not sure why that burden has to lie on the imbuer and crafter.

18. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I am not sure why the burden does fall on the imbuer/crafter. If someone wants a specialty weapon, they can order it, and the imbuer/crafter can quote them a price or price range. This could even bring back a little of the days before vendors/repair deeds where crafters had reputations, and people would actually seek them out by name.

Additionally, the imbuer/crafter can create the specialty weapons for a vendor to stock, and then advertise for the events (Anti-Navery weapons/Goblin Hunt Weapons, etc.)

19. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

On Siege a crafter tells someone ordering a weapon "It is going to cost this without failure, but if it fails, it could cost a lot more"

Seems simple enough to me. I have no sympathy. I remember burning barbed kit after barbed kit in the day just looking for a piece that had MR2 LRC and high fire/phys.

20. You two may have time to find orders. I dont.

Running a shop is a bit different. Stocking various items is good business. Im looking at the points of view. I dont see how any of them really are effected by PoF before imbuing or letting the buyer do it.

Though I like the whinner baby post telling me to suck it up. Thats usefull. Made me laugh.

Anyway Im going to stock specialty weapons not armour without 255 durability. Creating a hit area orc slayer or hit fire area arachnid slayer is cool but not so cool to charge 300k for it.

21. Lord Bishop

Lord Bishop Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

If you can't sell the item to make up for the cost to get it to 255 durability simply don't make it. Or don't put 255 durability on it to begin with. I simply see you wanting to add more variety to your vendors which is understandable, but why change the system for items no one is willing to buy simply don't make them.:confused:

22. Wilde1

Wilde1 Guest

no thanks