1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

DEVs! IMPORTANT! AOS-Gifts after SA???

Discussion in 'UHall' started by kaldera4, Sep 6, 2009.

1. kaldera4

kaldera4 Guest

i found no answer to this. On some Chars i didnt choos my AOS gift till now (Stat cap, rose ,or aos cloth...) That was from the last Extension AOS. Will the gift window also be available after SA comes out????

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Theres been Samurai Empire and Mondains Legacy expansions since AoS so I think you'll be fine and will be able to choose the gift after SA.

3. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If you haven't used them by now, when were you planning to use them? :)

4. kaldera4

kaldera4 Guest

im not sure what to choose till now.

there is a selfhelp-group for people having difficulty making decisions on the local highscool. but i cant decide if i should take part or not :dunce:

:D

5. Mezzac

Mezzac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hi All,

The good thing about still have them is that you can GM that skill you been wanting really easy.

Start with a Advanced Charater Token - Then just start Soul Stoning the skill around the charaters and taking the skill point gain.

That how I GM'ed Taming in 5 mins! :thumbup1:

SHINE

Make'em wonder what you got

make'em wish that they were not

On the outside looking bored.

6. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You can't do it like that. Your skill would get replaced, not added together, when you absorb the skill from a soulstone.
    [​IMG]

7. Beldon

Beldon Guest

It does work that way. You just do not understand what he is doing.

8. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

One of the AoS options was "A +5 bonus to any skill of the player’s choice." (and rewards were per-character, not per-account)

(so just like eating a +5.0 SoT)

advanced token to 85 skill
    cash in for +5 skill reward = 90
    soulstone over to another character with unclaimed gift
    cash in for +5 skill reward = 95

(repeat until you run out of characters on the account with unclaimed rewards)

9. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Oh, I wasn't around when AoS was launched. Thought he was creating new chars and absorbing the skill from the SS to the new char.

10. kaldera4

kaldera4 Guest

ist there another person that saved the AOS-gift till now? and wouldnt you too be very very interested in getting a official answer if the gift is lost soon? then post here. so the devs get attention and clarify it.
    because it was really really hard to not use the gifts and to keep it for something important all the years (like i do with veteran rewards). i not only would get sad if they were lost. at least the every time at login-window will have to say something like: 2 weeks left. and countdown
    perhaps chrissary or someone from mythic could post a short - yes or no in here. thats all i want

11. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm curious why would you believe that they would be lost? It has survived across several expansions, what makes you think this one would be different?

( if the devs need to reassure people about every imaginable change, they'll never have time to actually publish the thing :) )

12. kaldera4

kaldera4 Guest

because imbuing will be the ultimate hard to train skill. and now that one time in my uo-live i would have a big advantage. i am very afraid of loosing it.
    every time somthing seems to be good for me it turns out that it isnt. not for me. its allways the others that get ex. a shard of gem of immortality. (and more on - they ll get 2 or 3 of them :headshake: ) or that place a luna house 2min after serverup and such stuff.

13. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You've got the biggest shop on your shard, no need for the self-pity mate.

14. Ken of Napa

Stratics Veteran

Sorry to burst your bubble, the +5 to skill gain won't apply to imbuing. I just used some of my +5 rewards to train a new archer, was also going to GM Bushido with the +5's on another shard but discovered that no skills that weren't out at the start of AOS are included. :(

Sucks I know but you'll have to work imbuing up like the rest of us.

15. kaldera4

kaldera4 Guest

:( hm ok thx. i never opened the skillist because i not knew what will happen
    someone found a official statemnet till now if the advanced char tokens will help?

16. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

First you are assuming that you will be able to use an "Advance Character Code" for this. You need to look at the char. that are listed. All have skill from SE or before. ML had spellweaving as a skill and it is not listed on the Advance Character page. There will be Legendary Imbuers before they update the Advance Character Code. Sorry