1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dev's: Please confirm that Covetous Artifacts NOT only drop on Cora

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ron Silverbeard, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Just to make sure:

- Cora has a chance to drop one of the new artifacts without the Ephemeral tag

There is a very small BUT still chance, other critters at Covetous dungeon drop them too.

Txs in advance Dev's

*Edited* I had this drop in my pack about 16 hours ago as i was at Level 3 grinding for items to unravel - on the western part of Level 3 next to the stairs you can go down to Level 4 prison...not 100% sure but it might have been one Covetous Wyrm it droped from - i was on 2200 Luck suit - never had a drop there before BUT i heard about it (also heard it was turned off because of an Error..)

CovetousDrop.JPG

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Since you didn't mention it, did you actually find one off a critter or did you hear this from someone else? Unless you're going off that one sentence which doesn't exactly suggest that creatures other than Cora drop the artifacts.

3. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Sorry, i edited my original post - yes i had a drop there - weired thing is, i am pretty sure i had no system message for it - i was only fighting in that area for hours, so i know its from there, but i recogniced it in my pack around 2-3 hours later as i found it on top of some meat i fed to my drag - it was under the meat stack lol

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There are a couple of other threads around detailing that yes, the non-ephemeral artifacts drop in Covetous levels 3 and 4. Straight into your pack with no message.

5. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Ah ok. Then yeah some clarification would definitely be nice.

6. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

It was also stated that this was an error and has been patched..thats why i ask...

7. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'd like to see some further information about this. I have not really done any of this "quest" but was going to on the weekend but I couldn't find that other thread, link anyone?

8. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Perhaps one should investigate yourself as the OP did. And you will find the answer for yourself. Or don't waste your time and leave the dungeon to me. :devil:

9. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

No quest needed...just go to covetous level 3 far to the back to the several rooms and kill away and maybe you get lucky and get a drop...thazs all i did

10. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Cool- Kinetic +15:) I have the Posion Eater and Cold Eater, was hoping that it also dropped in Kinetic and perhaps Damage Eater as well...

11. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Other than a quest, I am curious if you need to have participated in the waves, first to have been eligible for this drop system. Probably not, though.

12. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Welp I was all geared up to do this stuff but the game is borked....sigh...

13. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

You just enter Level 3 Covetous and fight away...i dont know if Lucksuits matter...but i guess not...i think i noticed some kind of "kill-count" running maybe than you get the drop - but i can be wrong too - no Level 2 Void Pool Participation needed...
    Yesterday was in for 2 hours farming Fame for Sacrifice with only 100 luck suit and my Drag in guarding mode - hiding all the time (which might matter too for drop rates on that Artis..but i dont know..) and only popping out for heals...in the 2 hours i got:

Prismatic Lenses Gargoyle Version
    Blight of the Tundra Gargoyle Version

Still hope for that Hephaestus Drop Human Version ;))

Lets see what drops i get today....*crosses fingers*

14. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Younger than Kelmo, but also in the way...
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

Cool, here is my confirmation, too: 3 hours of fighting in Lvl 3 (Sun-Wed) brought me: 102 Relic Fragments and a non-ephemeral Hephaestos (Gargy Version). Love this dungeon! Great place!

15. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

I didnt get a drop since the last patch fighting at Covetous Level 3+4 for 6 hours pure gametime...

anyone else discovered a possible change to the drop rate i am currently guessing happend?

16. yenliu

yenliu Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Same here. Supposed to have one drop every 2-3 hours. Havent got any since yesterday....

17. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Either we are both extremely unlucky or they realy changed the droprate...*sigh*

18. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

15th time down fighting stuff down in levels 3 and 4 and still not one thing for me... However one of us DID receive the Hephaestos (Gargoyle Version) while we were down there so that does give me hope. I may yet return to hunting there.

19. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

2 more hours killing at level 3 - no drop...

So....i could say another useless dungeon now...but its not if you go for items to unravel to get your like 4000 relic fragments...but were's the fun at...

hmmm...

*Goes back to play with the guild killing Medusa over and over...*

20. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

Nah not useless. The drop rate just is not high. Takes a LONG time to finally get a drop.

21. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Kylie you mean more than 9 hours i do this now?
    I dont quite see the sense this drop rate has been changed to this other than keeping the prices up for 2 of the Artis that drop - the glasses and Hephaestus...

Anyone explain me what was wrong having a drop all 2 hours average?

It was fun and nobody realy had a problem with it - we could go there doing guild hunts and had happy people around because we got some nice drops here and there...

Now its no real fun to wait hours and hours to have a drop :(

What is going on here....

22. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Uh huh, I have been down there off and on since the patch, killing in lvl 3 and not one drop, but a guild mate spending perhaps a bit more time than me there, recently pulled his 7th drop. The RNG strikes yet again!

23. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

That would be me :p

I was so excited to see it pop in my pack, knowing just which character it would go to. Then I realized it was the gargoyle version and was sad :( Why drop the gargoyle version to an elf? Wouldn't it be logical to drop the version that the character receiving it can use, or just drop the human/elf version and let US convert it?

Oh. Wait. This is UO, where logic is anathema... o_O

24. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

I doubt the game checks for what kind of character is being used just randomly drops from the reward pool.
    Maybe you can arrange an exchange with a gargoyle who has a human version?

You realise that you and I are in the minority in thinking 'what character can I use this on?'? the modern trend is more to 'how much can I sell this for?'

25. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I don't think we are in such a minority as you think.

Though the selling of things is very popular.