1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

DEVs please help: Hit chance increase and defense chance increase

Discussion in 'UHall' started by slayer888, Mar 6, 2009.

1. slayer888

slayer888 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hi, currently I have a problem fighting 1 v 10.

I am using an archer last night and I am unable to land almost every single shots on an archer with about 30 dci.

I myself is 45 hci and have some hld (since it applied on the enemy once in awhile as well)

so means the enemy should be bout 5 dci after the reduction.

Anyways, I would like to know how many exact for the moving shots penalty for hci?

For example penalty is 10 hci

Say, if I have 60 hci, will the penalty still gives me 50 hci, or it will still act as 35 hci?

Also, it seems my dismount move miss about 90% of the time vs a 30 dci archer. Whilst opponent archers seems to have a 90% of dismounting me.

So I would like to know if there is any magic numbers in HCI and DCI so that you could avoid missing so often?

Say if you exceed 45 hci and at 46 hci (it will act as 1 HCI???)

Please advise.

Or perhaps I am just an unlucky person of all time so i deserved to miss more than hit even with maxed HCI and DCI and skills??

2. Splup

Splup Guest

FORMULA: Hit Chance% = ( ( [Attacker's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Attacker's Hit Chance Increase] ) divided by
    ( [Defender's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Defender's Defense Chance Increase] * 2 ) ) * 100

So if you have 45 HCI, and the other dude has 30 DCI, you hit chance is 55 %

When due to HLD his DCI goes to 5 %, your hit chance is 69 %

You can find a calculator here: http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.php

3. slayer888

slayer888 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the formula but the point is not about the formula itself.

It seems my miss rate is 90%

and enemies hit rate is 90%

Also, how many hci is decreased with moving shot?

if i have 60 hci, will i still be over 45 or will i still take the penalty of 35 or lower?

Thanks.

4. Splup

Splup Guest

I quess you have 120 archery?

Why they may seem to hit you more often, could be that if they are using faster weapon and having more HLD. With fast weapon you keep enemy under HLD almost all the time (or by having really high HLD), but with slower weapons enemy gets out of HLD often.

Reason why Melee seems to hit so often, is that they usually swing 1,25sek and have HLD on that.

Having 46 HCI works like you had 45 HCI. Having over 45 HCI helps if you'r hit by hit lower attack.

No idea about how much moving shot effects your hci.

5. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

yes, this is another "it feels wrong" issue
    long time ago i lost a duell against an mage, LOL i can say
    my Legendary archer hit NOT once against this mage
    i think there are more code-failures in the game as we think
    or stupid game-mechanics :(

6. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Also keep in mind that a Bushido fighter will parry a lot of your shots.