1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Dev's: Please let us know if we get another chance for a +5 Stat Scroll

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by Ron Silverbeard, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

So all this rumors end, and people might not get "scammed" buying them for 50-100 Mil
    were i DONT SAY people selling them are scammers NONONO!

I just want clarification - i think its nothing big to say "No worries, you can get them later, too"

Thank you
    Best Regards

2. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I think they may get Sunday off. I know, I know they should work 24/7 but i hear they are allowed one day a week off

3. Prime.

Prime. Sage
    Stratics Veteran

50-100 mil for a +5 stat scroll? What am I missing here?

4. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

apparently there was an event last nite. everyone who attended got a +5 stat scroll that stacks on top of the 25 harrower scroll. they are beingn offered on vendors for 100mln this morning.

5. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

I am in no hurry - they deserve to have SAT+SUN off imo...no problem here...just want to make sure we can get ANY answer on this the next days...so keep this post up ;)

6. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

i seen a few in luna sell for 65 and 70 mil
    problem is they were allready used had the perons name on em and i guess the buyers didnt know or notice

7. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

eeeek - THIS!

8. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

:lol:

Caveat emptor! What's that old sayin'? Somethin' bout a fool and money?

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  9. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Another reason these items NEED to be Character / Account bound. If somone used it and then sold it for ANY amount they are a scammer and should be dealt with. Will be easy to find. If you bought one with a name on it well then you should be able to page and get your money back as you were scammed!!!

If you used one and sold it well, karma, I hope it gets you like those pathetic kids in NY hiding for their lives after they harrassed and grandmother.

10. Kylie Kinslayer

Ummmm....

Scammer? No. Unethical? Possibly, maybe I reckon. Kinda hard to scam someone when it's clearly visible on the scroll who ate the thing. As I said above .. Caveat emptor man. That holds true ALL the time. That's about like people paying TONS of gold for "an old ring", if folks would do a little research before buying things they probably would not get taken so much.

11. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Soulbound items suck and are contrary to the spirit of the game. We have enough WoW in UO already. =P

It is unfortunate that some people may have been scammed in this instance but who spends that kind of money so quickly without checking what they are buying? The need for instant gratification or perhaps the perceived opportunity to make more gold later might be motivations here. Not saying they deserved it (no one deserves to be scammed) but people who do buying and selling on that level surely know better, right?

Kylie Kinslayer likes this.
  12. Kylie Kinslayer

Heck, I'll say it. If they are stupid enough to not read all the information visible on what they are buying, then they deserve to have their gold taken. At times when I have fallen into that category that applied to me too. Now if the Dev's did not have the forethought to put the name of the char who ate the scroll on it, that would be a different story.

13. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

WOW this turns out to be another heavy discussion tread - all i wanted is clarification....brrrr

14. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

scammed is if it was advertised for something it doesn't do. dropping it on a vendor, price only, is not. I'd venture to say if someone can afford to drop 70-100 mil on a whim like that, chances are, they already know what it does, or want it for another reason - could be for pure deco. A status pix would be nice showing the 260 cap.