1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Devs please look at Imbuing.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lost-Soul, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Lost-Soul

Lost-Soul Guest

Please look at the amount of relic frags used when imbuing fails. When imbuing max intensity that requires relic frags that fail, I lose all my relic frags (all 5) and not just a portion. Is this intended? The fragments themselves are a pain to get. Please fix this.

2. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

As far as I know, this is as they intend it. At one time Draconi talked briefly of adjusting the resource loss to not be so brutal, but apparently it was left in as another "make it insane hard instead of using crafty means to balance it"

3. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Since the beginning, you've lost 100% of the required unraveling ingredients + common gems. And I say it's fine as is. How many properties requiring fragments are you imbuing anyway?

4. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You should never lose relic fragments unless you are attempting to create an uber item. Simply imbue the mods requiring relic fragments first and then other mods after. If you are attempting to add 4+ mods that all use relic fragments, then it seems reasonable that it should cost a fortune.

(I have started to wonder though if randomness of success/fail could have been better served by a simple weighting on the costs - so double ingredient cost instead of that a 50% success chance ... but I guess the success/fail roll on crafting seems pretty elemental to the system)