1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Devs plz read...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Ole Cheapy, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Poison is a very hard and expensive skill to train and its a shame that after all that training and time and gold you spend training this skill that someone can easily counter it and I mean almost instantly with a 5gp cure pot. Sure there should be a counter for every attack but this particular one is very easy and inexpensive. So i guess what I'm trying to say is can poisoners get a lil love plz? There was actually a time when we were actually feared. We have 6 types of poisons and all of them can be countered with one type of potion with almost 100% success rate.

Is it just me?

2. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

QFT...

3. I feel you, thats why i wont do that temp sadly, Id love to be an assassin.But what good is it to be an assassin if you cant kill with it?

4. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

You´ll have a better chance getting the devs to read your post if you post on U.Hall...

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You might try a little less exaggeration. You'd have a hell of a job buying a keg of greater cure for 500gp, and 'cure' potions won't cure anything. I've fought enough poison eles to know one cure pot is no guarantee of success against lethal poison, 3 won't do it sometimes. Petals are totally ineffective on either deadly or lethal. Exaggerating does nothing for your case, in fact it's likely to get it dismissed as mere whining.

6. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

QFT

someones just crying that they can't rely on crutches to help them kill other ppl.

7. Calyip

Calyip Guest

Poison is quite OP IMO...

Cost next to nothing in mana to cast, and if you have a kryss with lightning on it, you can easily manage 15 damage strikes while constantly blocking their heal my chaining DPs

8. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I would have to agree with Cheapy. It is expensive to train and takes up an entire skill slot if done to gm. Most other gm skills seem to carry more bang for the buck. It doesn't need to be uncureable, but beefing it up a little would be nice. Most people seem not to gm it- maybe give the gm poisoner a small bonus as to strength.

9. Wow.....:lame:

10. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Wow cheapsuit. Poison is still very good. I mean you actually have to equip armor. People have gotten better on this shard. They actually carry cure pots... even some of the crafters :) I mean equip your character you cant just go out and pvp with one deadly poison potion... Poison is still a very good skill if you know how to use it.

Sadly for you you have never known anything about UO other than when AOS came out. You some how managed to figure out how to double strike with the axe of the heavens with a precasted pain spike...

I guess you was kinda well ya you was just a one hit wonder :(

11. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

I wouldnt say its whinning at all but anytime you have a skill that no one sees a benefit in gm'ing then i think its fair to say that maybe that skill needs to be re-looked at. Why is it everytime someone has suggestions for the game people claim they are whinning?

12. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Totally laughable...but suggest at gm poison maybe the poisonee has to wait an extra second between chugging cure pots and if he doesnt want to wait for the timer to reset then he should invest in the healing skill or actually cast arch cure rather than just drinking back to back to back to back until he's drunk off the crap. Also no one should be able to hit lethal poison without being gm...its sad that at 60 poison skill you have a 60% chance of hitting lethal poison...so you see there is a flip side to my coin on whinning I think adjustments should be made on both sides of the fence meaning the poisoner and the poisonee.

13. uomlplayer

uomlplayer Guest

You want timer on cure pot's? fine. make 1 bottle of poison=1 charge, instead of 12 when apllied to weapon?

14. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

Did i just hear a toilet flush?

15. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I didn't say you were whining, I said it appears that way when you exaggerate. Think about it. If someone says 'I can't come over because it takes hours to get there' when you know in reality the journey takes 15 minutes, what do you think? Don't exaggerate, it destroys your credibility.

16. Rykus

Rykus Guest

I've had a poisoner in one form or another for my entire time in UO, which is about 10 years, minus breaks. I only have trouble when fighting those people who carry dozens(??) of GCs, which doesn't seem all that common anymore. When I play the template, I'm usually pretty successful as a necro noxxer when running as a PK. I'm less effective when PvPing against someone who is decently skilled, and is well equipped. Necro/nox is definitely fun against tamers/farmers though if you get the jump on them.

17. Calyip

Calyip Guest

Another problem with poison now: kryss+DI. A poisoner can chain poison, AI, and death strikes, by using only 30 dex with a high SSI weapon. If poison was made harder to cure and took any more than 2-3 seconds, realistically a person could DP, AI, AI, death strike, figure a lightning weap hits 50% of the time you're looking at:

12 dmg
    42dmg
    35dmg
    12dmg

and either about 12 for DS or 40.

So between 113 dmg - 140 dmg. See the problem here? I've failed to cure with two cures pots in a row, which takes about 2 seconds, and by that time my life has dropped from 110 to around 30, one more AI and I'm toast. And with huge amounts of HCI and HLD now available thanks to faction arties, I don't think DP needs to be any more powerful, it is an interrupter, and a nuisance, it is far more OP than skills like tracking, detect, etc. Especially with the implementation of darts/stars. If you're running a bush/ninja char throwing DP darts against anyone using a 2 handed weap, you're probably the winner winner chicken dinner.

18. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

I see your point and this is probably my fault for not really making my post crystal clear but i'm not so much as upset about people being able to counter so easily as I am about people getting benefit from my skill that has little to no skill points invested like the whole dart throwing...i think no one that has no skill points in poison should be poisoning anyone by any means whatsoever. yeah i hate those lil dart throwing ninjas (Hi Ru!) that has no points invested in poison and keeps you poisoned the entire fight. niow for that matter I guess I am whinning cuz that gets on my nerves! I'm the damn poisoner but yet I'm poisoned more than he is during the fight lol... All I'm saying is dont give people the benefits of "my skill" without having the same investment as I have in the poison skill, reward me for being GM!

Now that was an official whine, the other post were not. :)

19. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*chuckles* Clarity matters...

20. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I remember when you would pay a crafter to DP your wep for you. It had one charge, and once used, it was done, and needed to be re-applied. I liked that system

21. Calyip

Calyip Guest

I will agree you shouldn't be able to poison w/o the skill, except for magery.

22. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Im in the air on that statement. Although it would be nice to have that in, it doesnt make much sense. If you have a pointy object with poison on it, and you stab someone, its gonna poison them. Perhaps no matter what charge is on it, lesser is what is applied to your victim. And put it back to one charge. So either you carry more weps, or you need poisoning to re-apply during battle.

23. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

bah f u train pois and train alchemy and grow ur own regs its really not that expensive and alchemy is a good skill to have stoned

24. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Its cheap to do with rot. Prodo would be very expensive