1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Devs seen as Malas looks like so Green or sand..or just bloody empty. can we place Castles plzzzzzzz

Discussion in 'UHall' started by THP, Jan 29, 2013.

1. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

just a thought to breethe life unto a grassy/sandy wildnerness

2. Sauteed Onion

I can understand why the no castles thing. The castles that exist there were gifts of some sort when AoS came out. Keeps I can see them letting up on their Iron grip for that, but castles, whole 'nother slab of bacons.

3. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I believe they have talked about this a few times over the last so many years. I can't remember their reason but they adamantly said No.
    I think it was like Sauteed said, about the few prize castle/keeps out there in Malas, The devs at that time might have been worried about basically taking part of the reward away from the current owners.
    Perhaps they could hold an open call to owners of Malas reward castles/keeps and poll them on whether or not they'd be upset with allowing others to move next door.

Heck maybe set up another contest for a few more castles/keeps in malas? maybe a yearly thing like each year we hold an event/contest to give out another 5 castle spots or something.
    It would keep them rare/rewards and help fill in some desolate landscape.

4. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Covering Malas in a Suburb made of castles will breathe life into it? This is suppose to be a primitive medieval world, not one covered in buildings like downtown New York.

Vor and DerekL like this.
  5. DerekL

DerekL Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ah, here we go again, "houses are falling and so is the ssssssskkkkkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

6. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Some area never had house placement at all. Castle placement should of been a random 10 minute window once a year for placement long time ago. Scripter trap at large open areas and at least make the biggest headache to get around in at least rare. Just sell a token that is account bond to turn an 18x18 owned by the account castle storage. Transfers as only a normal 18x18 storage and other both account will need to make a purchase after house trade if they want castle storage locks in an 18x18. Use the same token on a 13x13 or smaller and has 18x18 storage count. No vendor coint changes.

7. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

you can place as many 18x18's as you want. there not going to revalue castles by letting everyone place one in malas

8. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Breath new life into it? I sincerely doubt that. If anything, castles everywhere would be a horrible eye-sore. The only reason to open up Malas for any kind of house placements would be if there we are already full up, which we're not, not even close.

However, they could do some contests for winning maybe a few castle spots in Malas per shard. That would be a neat alternative. But from what I've been hearing, if you want a castle there is likely a nice open spot or two somewhere on most (if not all) shards.

#8 Viper09, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    Vor and Sauteed Onion like this.
  9. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

There are many worse things in a fantasy environment than a sandy wilderness on top of slowly crumbling land that is floating in the Ethereal Void.

One of those worse things would be a castle-filled, slowly crumbling land that is floating in the Ethereal Void.

As far as I can tell the recent house falls are the house population catching up with the people population. Really all the castles in the world can't compensate for that, so why not allow the players to enjoy one of the positive side effects?

Or were all the complaints about Malas being a trailer park, a lag fest, and an eyesore just disguised notes of affection?

-Galen's player

Vor, LordDrago, Hannes Erich and 2 others like this.
  10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

So Castles are an eyesore but borg Cubes and Crystalline monstrosities are NOT?? Come on give me a break..... What next?????? You going to go around and give folk a foreclosure on their hideously ugly homes?????? I've seen some seriously FUGLY homes around..... and I think Castles are FAR less fugly than some of the crap I've seen......

I'm sorry but that right there is the LAMEST argument EVER....... Next you'll want to say that no one can place an ugly house??????? You know what's FAR uglier than castles?????????

100's of BARE plots with NOTHING on them. Dirt patches. But you don't see anyone complain about that all the time.

THP and Lord Frodo like this.
  11. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You know, you could simply disagree me without having to get all dramatic over it...lol

#11 Viper09, Jan 29, 2013
  12. Sauteed Onion

13. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Hey! I like my Borg Cubes! :p

Honestly - Atlantic is not so empty that I'd want to see castles there. I'd like to see some open spaces around so that if a new player arrives they can get a house by placing it rather than having to pay millions... or if someone decides to x-fer over...

14. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

I like Castles :)

I like them not being allowed in Malas

15. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I like my castle yards. I really like my keeps. I have no problem with castles or keeps being allowed in Malas. Why not let someone else have a chance to own one?

Unless your play style is to buy and sell castles and keeps, devalue isn't really an issue. It is possible that most who place one would actually live in it.
    If that idea still sends some into a frenzy, have yet another contest. Just make it fair this time.

16. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

They totally muffed that deal, most of the castles were never claimed/placed.

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  17. Sauteed Onion

I unsubbed and haven't played in a while, I do lurk fairly often here in hopes of seeing something interesting which lure me back. Anyhow; before I quit, and long before this wave of IDOC's and RTB house fallings, I did play around on a few shards and found more than a couple places to place castles and keeps. Nothing on Atlantic, and I didn't bother with Great Lakes, but I'm sure on many shards aside from those 2, at least Keep placement is extremely possible; with castle placement being one of those possible but perhaps a little more time consuming pursuits. And this was before all this house dropping madness. Just thought I'd re-iterate that.

Also, Keeps are way cooler looking than castles. - (based on my opinion, which is fact that I believe that opinion.)

#17 Sauteed Onion, Jan 29, 2013
  18. Mitzlplik_LS

Mitzlplik_LS Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Not anything like the borg cities filled with perfect cubes with no windows. *shakes head*

Pot! Meet Kettle.

19. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Great idea.

+1

Lord Nabin likes this.
  20. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Allow us to place as many Castles as we want in Malas. It won't matter to me, I only go to Malas for four things:

- Treasure Maps
    -Luna Vendors (there simply arn't many vendors elsewhere)
    -Miasma
    -IDOC's

Malas should be blown sky high as soon as the last house falls.

21. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Difference of opinion I guess. I don't usually see tons of borg cubes. More often than not I am treated with cool designs. Sure there are some borg cubes, but there are just as many actual creative houses that go beyond the magnificent cube form.

#21 Viper09, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  22. Hannes Erich

Hannes Erich Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I guess it just goes to show, some people are real squares!

Ducky Momo likes this.
  23. DerekL

DerekL Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Some of us live and travel in Malas... and as ugly as Borg cubes are, they aren't the lagfests that castles are, nor are they the dull grey conformity that castles and keeps are.

24. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Give 18x18's the same storage as a castle and no one needs a castle.

If 18x18 had the same - I'd never want a castle as I find them ugly and a PITA to get around in vs the convenience of a custom 18x18. Its only needed for storage. Even the storage playing field and no more whinning about castles.

25. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Life will only come from players, not houses of any design or style. Creating an illusion of 'activity' or population by people moving from existing houses into castles in Malas will make no difference at all to anything important.

DerekL and Hannes Erich like this.
  26. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

o_O Speak for yourself. Many people would like a castle, its not just about storage. However not all people want a Castle in Malas.

27. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

I wish the devs would change the basic plot to a grassed area with a fence around it. Or snow if you're in a snow area, or sand if you're in sand etc. Not some f'ugly dirt plot.

DJAd likes this.