1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Devs - Shields?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Driven Insane, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Driven Insane

1. Can we please Imbue up to 500 instead of 450?

2. Can we please Imbue HCI onto shields?

Shelleybean and legendsguy like this.
  2. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Seconded!!!

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Only if you give me some bonus on my Bow...... I don't get any shield. *scowls*

NO!

4. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

use reforging to get HCI. try a lower to mid level runic with just the Of Slaughter category to get HCI on a blank you can then imbue onto.
    I do agree on shields needing 500 weight for exceptional.

5. Phangs_of_Phage

Phangs_of_Phage Journeyman

Bow already have a bonus. Its called 25 hci/dci cap and not having to stand within a 1 tile range

Nonel and Raptor85 like this.
  6. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Just bring back HCI on shields in general.

Anyone remember when Wilki said he had no idea why HCI would be on shields? Yeah, because having a large piece of metal to prevent your opponent's attempts to stab you in the eyeballs wouldn't allow you to be more accurate in your attacks.

legendsguy likes this.
  7. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yeah, I remember that. Just imagine what he would say now that SSI is on shields.........

legendsguy likes this.
  8. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

All of which you get on your weapon..... save the 1 tile range.... so you get a weapon and a shield doubling the amount of things you can add to improve your characters stats.... meanwhile I get 1. NOT that much of a bonus for the lose of a full set of things you can put on a shield.

9. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

And you get the balanced mod where two handed melee weapons do not. There should be advantages and disadvantages to each skill set.

10. Driven Insane

Good grief, do you only have 1 character and therefore you only care about your dumb bow? Guess what none of my melee chars has a shield, only a couple mages.

Go make your own thread about how underpowered archery is compared to melee and stop trolling this thread.

11. Driven Insane

Yep, and it made no sense at that time either and considering that you can put HCI on with Reforging and that many new artifact shields have been added that have HCI on them, it's pretty clear that HCI not being on shields is not set in stone.

C'mon Devs.

1. Let us imbue shields to 500 (if exceptional).
    2. Let us imbue HCI on shields.
    3. Make HCI spawn on monster loot again (outside of the revamped dungeons).

12. MalagAste

I'm not trolling I'm just saying that you don't need more than you have. Shush up and quit yer bellyaching.

13. MalagAste

Do you Imbue????? Do you have any idea the WEIGHT of Imbuing Balanced onto a bow??????

It takes up so much it makes it utterly useless.

14. Phangs_of_Phage

Please find 1 pvp archer that thinks balanced on a bow is useless. Melee get a 15/15 cap for HCI/DCI and the one tile range is a big deal lol. Not to mention the mase damage on the useful bows are higher than the majority of melee weapons.
    I could be wrong but I thought you could only reforge 5 HCI on a shield? If I'm right with that then 15DCI+5HCI=20 15+15 on wep is 30... 30+20=50 for melee. 25+25=50 for archery. So using basic math skills I can say that 50=50. But either way DCI and HCI are easy to get on suits so I cant think of a viable way to have both on a bow or a weapon (shields are the exception duh).
    Anyway to say that Archery needs a bump is insane, it is pretty much perfect where it is. Throwing needs a nerf base damage way way to high but thats another story.
    I really think HCI should be imbueable on shields, but I'm not opposed to being able to reforge it, who really uses shields anyways besides new players and parry mages?
    I agree that shields should have a 500 cap why wouldnt they.

15. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'd agree with hci with no weapon equipped 3 sec heals is enough 45/45 dci hci 100 di 40 lmc is very easily obtained..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Driven Insane

Isn't 4 secs the max heal time.

This isn't about whether something is easily attainable, it's about consistency. Adding the above mentioned suggestions according to you and everyone else doesn't really change what's already obtainable, so why can't we be consistent and have shields at 500 weight like everything else and have HCI imbuable and spawn on loot for the simple sake of consistency.

17. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

10 HCI shield can be made using reforging with heartwood enhance.

18. Phangs_of_Phage

Yeah, I know you could enhance for HCI but i was takling about reforging itself. You can also add up to 30 on a bow by enhancing correct? I could be wrong about that.

19. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Honestly, shields are great with reforging.

Why do you need HCI on a shield anyways? You can have HCI onnnnnnnnn 1. Ring 2. Brace 3. Weapon 4. 5-10 on armor pieces (Gorget, sleeves, gloves, tunic, legs) 5. 15 on Head 6. 5-10 on Talisman 7. Reforged Shield with 10 HCI

^ If all is maxed out, thats a total of 130 possible HCI on a suit.

** I just want to add, I think it was REALLY stupid when it got removed. But since then Imbuing, and moreso reforging have really made it a nonissue

Xalan Dementia likes this.
  20. Phangs_of_Phage

The same could be said with DCI and many other things. But I agree it really is a nonissue.

21. Driven Insane

Yes, HCI on shields is not a big deal, but I still don't see any reason why it's not Imbuable. As you pointed out, alot of mods are easy to attain. DCI, FC, DI, MR, MI, SI, etc, etc. But please tell me why we cannot just be consistent and allow HCI increase to be Imbuable?

I'll admit though, I really just threw the HCI issue onto this topic when my real beef was not being able to Imbue shields to 500. I was trying to improve my mystic/mage's shield the other day from this:
    2 Str Increase
    15% DCI
    SC (no penalty)

to this:
    5 HPI
    15% DCI
    SC (no penalty)

I could not do this because of the 450 cap, but would be able to with 500. I don't see how making shields Imbuable to 500 would unbalance anything or cause some major problem.

22. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

/signed. If it has weight it needs to be the same as others. Taken the other extreme... green sashes should have 1000weight, on tuesdays. kilts have 53, cloth shirt 78.

23. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I agree. Exceptional shields should have 500 max imbuing weight.

24. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Looted shields have soooo many properties now, there isn't a good reason why we can't imbue up to 500 weight or hit chance.